GWT Maps over https

HabsQ

Oct 25, 2011, 5:47:47 AM10/25/11
to Google API Libraries for GWT
Is there a way to use GWT Maps so that it will use https instead of
http?

Eric Ayers

Oct 25, 2011, 9:58:09 AM10/25/11
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure that if you use the Maps.loadMapsApi() method to load
Maps, it will use whatever protocol the page was originally loaded
with.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 5:47 AM, HabsQ <hab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to use GWT Maps so that it will use https instead of
> http?
>

> --
> You are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT-Google-Apis" group.

Eric Ayers | Software Engineer | zun...@google.com | +1 404 487 9229

HabsQ

Oct 28, 2011, 9:00:50 AM10/28/11
to Google API Libraries for GWT
You're right. It turned out that the problem came from gwt-maps
utility instead of the gwt-maps.

Thanks.

--
HabsQ

On Oct 25, 3:58 pm, Eric Ayers <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> I'm  pretty sure that if you use the Maps.loadMapsApi() method to load
> Maps, it will use whatever protocol the page was originally loaded
> with.
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 5:47 AM, HabsQ <hab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a way to use GWT Maps so that it will use https instead of
> > http?
>
> > --
> > You are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT-Google-Apis" group.

Sal Ingrilli

Feb 26, 2014, 12:30:33 PM2/26/14
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
So how can I get the gwt GoogleMap to load from https instead of http?

Sample code:
private final MapOptions options = MapOptions.create ();
final SimplePanel panel = new SimplePanel ();
panel.setSize ("100%","100%");
com.google.maps.gwt.client.GoogleMap googleMap = com.google.maps.gwt.client.GoogleMap.create (
        panel.getElement (),
        options);

gwt.xml:

Running my webapp over http, using Google Chrome, I get this:
[blocked] The page at 'https://www.mySite.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but ran insecure content from 'http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

I expected the GWT maps API to be able to look at the url and pick the proper protocol automatically and without having to put it in the gwt.xml file...