not able to reset service reminder

61 views
Skip to first unread message

Kenneth Vinther

unread,
Mar 23, 2020, 2:20:50 AM3/23/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Hi,
Can anybody help.
Try to reset servicereminder, but GS911 wifi keep telling me "module is not of expected type or wrong bike model.
What to do ?
Regards Kenneth, Denmark.
DF1411E6-7802-4A39-AEFB-64A0410AFED0.png

Harry Oosterbroek

unread,
Mar 23, 2020, 6:52:31 AM3/23/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I had the same promlem a few weeks ago the thirt time it accsepet it the command.

Op ma 23 mrt. 2020 07:20 schreef Kenneth Vinther <vinthe...@gmail.com>:
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gs-911/3cf00cc0-9ed6-431f-8bb6-ede58ce6d11d%40googlegroups.com.

Bill Morrison

unread,
Mar 23, 2020, 9:14:36 AM3/23/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I had to try a few times but make sure you have a good wi-fi connection. It is a finicky little device.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gs-911/3cf00cc0-9ed6-431f-8bb6-ede58ce6d11d%40googlegroups.com.


--
Bill Morrison

Willy Vega

unread,
Mar 23, 2020, 9:33:58 AM3/23/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Try to reset the service with the computer, I have the same problem with y two bikes, then I used the computer instead of the cel and works fine. I only have troubles with teh service reset with wifi.
Then the GS-911 woks great.

Take care

Wilfredo Vega Vega
PROCYCLES STORE
Gerente Propietario
R. Saenz # 467 esq. Av. Beijin
(Lado Surtidor Cochabamba 1, 
4 cuadras al norte de Av. América Oeste)
wfv...@gmail.com
Telf. 59144423895
Cel. 59176402500
Cochabamba - Bolivia




On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 2:20 AM Kenneth Vinther <vinthe...@gmail.com> wrote:
--

Brian Louw

unread,
Mar 23, 2020, 11:02:03 AM3/23/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I've had that problem too and it appears to happen when you do an autoscan before selecting the service reset.  I found it can be fixed by unplugging the gs 911 and re- inserting it. 

adf

unread,
Mar 23, 2020, 3:36:57 PM3/23/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Are you sure the bike has this function available? Mine does not.

Mole C

unread,
Mar 28, 2020, 1:45:04 PM3/28/20
to gs-911
bike make and model ?, whats autoscan say it is

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+un...@googlegroups.com.


--
Maurice

Tom Cutter

unread,
Mar 28, 2020, 3:38:29 PM3/28/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I’ve found that enabling WiFi on my iPhone gave me a solid platform for the GS-911WIFI to work.
Then I discovered that my RNineT Racer 17 is almost an orphaned model insofar as functionality, which was a disappointment.
I’ve sunk a lot of money into GS-911 products in Pro versions, and this latest is the least useful that I’ve encountered.
Still beats staring dumbly at the bike, though.
Stay home, stay safe.

Tom Cutter
Rubber Chicken Racing Garage
Yardley, PA USA
RubberChickenRacingGarage.com

Loddy Orquina

unread,
Mar 29, 2020, 10:02:50 AM3/29/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Make it sure that your gs911 is updated and make it sure also the model of your bike is right

--

bernard_rocha

unread,
Mar 29, 2020, 11:56:46 AM3/29/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Good to see you here Loddy. Hope all is well back there at home. Kenneth, is your bike a K16? As Loddy mentioned, make sure you got the initials correct. Very rare does this happen but don’t get me wrong, I never said it didn’t or wouldn’t.

mick adamson

unread,
Mar 30, 2020, 1:49:42 AM3/30/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you're choosing your model series and then bike yourself and not letting the 911 select it for you.

Bill Morrison

unread,
Mar 30, 2020, 1:49:42 AM3/30/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I always got that error message because you're not connected with your wifi correctly. Your gs-911 should have an IP address like 192.168.0.xxx   



--
Bill Morrison

ivan universe

unread,
Mar 30, 2020, 5:06:29 AM3/30/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill, 
I am not sure if the IP is correct, because I have mine set to 192.168.1.xxx.
And I have some dificulties at the beginning cause I am not an PC freak thats why.But eventully I have sorted and tested.
But afterwords I discover that I can also run diagnose on running bike...stupped me.But we learn till we die...
Thanks for the informations
Ivan Zdolsek

Dne nedelja, 29. marec 2020 je Bill Morrison <bmorr...@gmail.com> napisal(-a):
I always got that error message because you're not connected with your wifi correctly. Your gs-911 should have an IP address like 192.168.0.xxx   

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:02 AM Loddy Orquina <loddyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Make it sure that your gs911 is updated and make it sure also the model of your bike is right

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 3:36 AM adf <as.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you sure the bike has this function available? Mine does not.

On Monday, 23 March 2020 06:20:50 UTC, Kenneth Vinther wrote:
Hi,
Can anybody help.
Try to reset servicereminder, but GS911 wifi keep telling me "module is not of expected type or wrong bike model.
What to do ?
Regards Kenneth, Denmark.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.


--
Bill Morrison

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gs-911/CAPmsykeYeZdj2UAjJEh6A8CrA9LkpEsLiXKJP1ed9c%3Dj2kw8jw%40mail.gmail.com.

Bill Morrison

unread,
Mar 31, 2020, 1:33:31 AM3/31/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear you got it working! It's frustrating sometimes because it doesn't connect the first or second time. Ride safe my friend!!

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 5:06 AM 'ivan universe' via GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles <gs-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Bill, 
I am not sure if the IP is correct, because I have mine set to 192.168.1.xxx.
And I have some dificulties at the beginning cause I am not an PC freak thats why.But eventully I have sorted and tested.
But afterwords I discover that I can also run diagnose on running bike...stupped me.But we learn till we die...
Thanks for the informations
Ivan Zdolsek

Dne nedelja, 29. marec 2020 je Bill Morrison <bmorr...@gmail.com> napisal(-a):
I always got that error message because you're not connected with your wifi correctly. Your gs-911 should have an IP address like 192.168.0.xxx   

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:02 AM Loddy Orquina <loddyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Make it sure that your gs911 is updated and make it sure also the model of your bike is right

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 3:36 AM adf <as.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you sure the bike has this function available? Mine does not.

On Monday, 23 March 2020 06:20:50 UTC, Kenneth Vinther wrote:
Hi,
Can anybody help.
Try to reset servicereminder, but GS911 wifi keep telling me "module is not of expected type or wrong bike model.
What to do ?
Regards Kenneth, Denmark.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+un...@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+un...@googlegroups.com.


--
Bill Morrison

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+un...@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gs-911+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gs-911/CAP1NyH8dHwP_cYGMqxMNumz31pxc4fS-9X9RE5dFqAKk%2BSp1jQ%40mail.gmail.com.


--
Bill Morrison
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages