American Community Gardening Association Conference Update Program Cover Contest

Grow For Food

Jun 30, 2022, 12:05:10 PM6/30/22
to GNO Growers Alliance
Hello~
We are moving along with the ACGA National Conference to be held in New Orleans @ Loyola University, October 6-9 2022.
Here are the updates and ways that you can get involved.

  • Submit a photo of your garden to be on the ACGA program cover!  Send your photos to me, Monica Clark @ monica.step...@gmail.com
  • Friday Keynote Speakers, all-day workshops @ Loyola Danna Student Center.  Link to conference workshops RFP if you are interested in presenting a workshop, panel discussion or poster presentation.  ACGA Education Workshop Proposals Presenters receive a substantial discount.
  • Here is the link to register for the conference as an attendee.  ACGA Conference Registration
  • Volunteers and organizers receive free admission and will be required to help during the conference in various ways.  Stay tuned for that information.
  • Saturday field trips, tours and PARTY @ location TBA
Tour 1: Green infrastructure projects sponsored by Urban Conservancy, Healthy Community Services and Water Wise Gulf South
Tour 2: Fall Garden Show @ City Park sponsored by LSU AG/Extension
Tour 3: YOUR GARDEN/FARM Do you want to show off your community garden/farm? 5-8 Community Urban gardens/farms are invited to be part of this tour.  We need your permission and participation.
Here is the sign up: ACGA Garden Tour Sign Up
  • Sunday 1/2 day conference (use the same form from Friday) and Adjourn.
Thank you to Loyola University and LSU AG/Extension for anchoring this conference.  We are appreciative to the volunteers and organizations who are involved.  You too can become involved. Please reach out to me for the conference planning Zoom link. Our next planning meeting is Tuesday, July 5 and every two weeks thereafter.