Paid Climate Fellowship and Cohort Opportunities!

Jessica

Aug 6, 2022, 4:07:36 PM8/6/22
to GNO Growers Alliance
Hello GNOGA membership!

We are very excited to share two incredible climate-related ag opportunities with y'all! One is local, one is national--both positions are paid. Check out the details below:

1. Louisiana Climate Cohort 2022

"SPROUT is recruiting our first annual climate-smart farmer cohort. One farm operation will be chosen from each of Louisiana's five regions. Participating farmers do not need to be well-versed about climate because this educational opportunity is meant to help them grow their knowledge. Ideal candidates are simply interested in learning more about the changes in our climate and how their agricultural practices can be used to slow the climate crisis. This is a paid opportunity to offset the time of 5 one-hour group sessions to learn and share experiences with other farmers."

Interested? Fill out this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MP5PKGR

Have additional questions? Email Margee at SPROUT: mar...@sproutnola.org

2. National Young Farmers Coalition (NYFC) PLACE Fellowship

"We believe that we can contest the corporate climate narrative and build true resilience through a project founded on our own proven theory of change: young farmer leaders working in community and supported by a national infrastructure are the most effective advocates for political and societal change. The National Young Farmers Coalition’s Power in Land, Agriculture, Climate, and Equity (PLACE) Fellowship will build a grassroots effort to replace the corporate climate agenda and promote a more equitable paradigm that positions farmers – especially young, LGBTQ+, and BIPOC farmers – as the source of innovation for justice and climate resilience.

This fellowship will take place over the course of five months, convening 10 farmer leaders from across the country in a BIPOC-majority, queer abundant cohort to develop their knowledge at the intersection of corporate power, climate, and farmland access."

Fellows will receive a $4,500 honorariumMore information: https://www.youngfarmers.org/place-fellowship/

**Application is due August 22nd**

Best,

The GNOGA Organizing Team