Upcoming Publications

Formonthills

May 25, 2009, 4:53:56 PM5/25/09
to Graphic Novels in Libraries UK
Can anyone recommend any new up and coming publications

Carl Cross

Jun 26, 2009, 7:46:14 AM6/26/09
to Graphic Novels in Libraries UK

I I don't know if anyone answered this off list and perhaps this isn't
quite what you wanted anyway but here goes.

For a list of upcoming comics Diamond seems to be your best bet;

http://www.diamondcomics.com

I can't find a UK version and don't know if there are significant
difference between UK and US release dates. I'm sure someone here is a
lot more knowledgeable than me about this sort of thing.

Hope this helps ,

Carl.

Beth Arwen

Jul 17, 2009, 8:40:36 AM7/17/09
to Graphic Novels in Libraries UK
Hi,

You'd have to give me a better idea of what you wanted to look for.
One series that is just coming into the UK is the Myths and Legends
series from Lerner Books. These are pretty slim but some of the
artwork is lovely and I've found them great to use with YA readers.
The USA website is below, some of those released here are on Amazon
and similar sites.

http://www.lernerbooks.com/cgi-bin/books.sh/lernerpublishing.p?navaction=f6_series.w&navvalue=Series,0x00000000031261c0

Lerner also do some of the old 'you guide the story' books for
children in graphic novel format. These are quite good and would be
fine for kids, but again are very slim and only have a handful of
outcomes so aren't thrilling for adults.

There are also a lot of Green Lantern re-issues coming out before the
film. If the films any good, they'll probably be popular in libraries
for a time.

Hope that's a couple of thoughts; give me some more details if you are
interested in anything specific.

Yours,

Arwen

Andrew Salmond

Aug 21, 2009, 4:47:37 AM8/21/09
to Graphic Novels in Libraries UK
Well, if I could be so bold...

We tend to highlight new material that gets us excited every week over
on www.blogspot.goshlondon.com (that's the Gosh Comics blog). Plus
there's a general new release list.

In fairness, a number of stores actually do a weekly update on their
new GN releases, but most only reproduce the publisher's blurb.

Given the serial nature of most comics output, you could also get an
idea of what to look out for in the future by following some of the
review sites out there, such as http://www.the-isb.com/

The New York Times now has a graphic novel ("Graphic Books") section
to their bestseller list now, to give you an idea of what's doing
well. Handily split into HC, SC & manga:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/books/bestseller/bestgraphicbooks.html?_r=1&ref=bestseller

Andrew.