Spam message volume drops by 50 per cent in a day

Bill Holmes

Nov 13, 2008, 11:18:48 AM11/13/08
to sp...@googlegroups.com, e-m...@googlegroups.com, gmu...@googlegroups.com, gm...@googlegroups.com
Spam message volume drops by 50 per cent in a day

By Jack Riley

Volumes of spam email being sent across the internet plummeted
yesterday, after a San Jose-based company was taken offline.

McColo, a web hosting company based in California, was believed to be
responsible for up to 75 per cent of the spam sent in the United
States.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/spam-message-volume-drops-by-50-per-cent-in-a-day-1016935.html

Bill

--
Free the Weed MP3
http://myspace.com/twosmoothstones

Lou Escasga

Nov 13, 2008, 2:15:18 PM11/13/08
to GMu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I heard about that too, however, my spam has still been increasing.

Lou

Sunshine Kid

Nov 14, 2008, 4:02:02 AM11/14/08
to GMusers- GMail Beta & Beyond
If it has been dropping so significantly, why aren't the perpetrators
in jail?

On Nov 14, 12:18 am, "Bill Holmes" <whol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Spam message volume drops by 50 per cent in a day
>
> By Jack Riley
>
> Volumes of spam email being sent across the internet plummeted
> yesterday, after a San Jose-based company was taken offline.
>
> McColo, a web hosting company based in California, was believed to be
> responsible for up to 75 per cent of the spam sent in the United
> States.
>
> http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/spam-me...

Zack (Doc)

Nov 14, 2008, 8:05:28 AM11/14/08
to GMu...@googlegroups.com
Because there are so few laws that allow criminal prosecution of spam
senders, and while services may be bought through US companies like
this, the perpetrators themselves are typically outside the US. I
read a statistic once that 80% of all spam worldwide was due to 4
people... 3 of them in Russia.
--

Bert Leston Taylor - "A bore is a man who, when you ask him how he
is, tells you."