GMail's New Look

Bill Holmes

Nov 2, 2011, 11:33:16 AM11/2/11
to gmu...@googlegroups.com, gmail...@googlegroups.com
I have a dialogue box down at the right lower corner of my GMail it  is a click to change to "GMail's new look."  My question is if I change to the new look and don't like it can I change back?

thanks,
Bill

--
Politics and Music:in Humboldt County

http://HighBoldtage.wordpress.com

Nick Chirchirillo

Nov 2, 2011, 11:39:36 AM11/2/11
to gmu...@googlegroups.com
You can, but only until they make the change permanent.

--
Nick Chirchirillo
nickchich.com

Bill Holmes

Nov 2, 2011, 11:44:59 AM11/2/11
to gmu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nick I will give it a look then.

Bill

Robert & Genene MacDonald

Nov 2, 2011, 1:10:34 PM11/2/11
to gmu...@googlegroups.com, gmail...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Use the lower gear to temporarily revert back.

Lou Escasga

Dec 5, 2011, 4:43:11 PM12/5/11
to gmu...@googlegroups.com
I do not like it. The check all box is not there.

Sunshine Kid

Dec 5, 2011, 11:40:48 PM12/5/11
to GMusers- GMail Beta & Beyond
If it is a permanent change, why give the option to revert? It seems
to me that Google forces its clients to use what it wants them to use,
not what the clients want. They might make a change that will entice
their clients to move elsewhere at this rate!

> >http://groups.google.com/group/gmusers?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

Julie

Dec 6, 2011, 2:50:04 PM12/6/11
to gmu...@googlegroups.com
Well if you try the new version and then change back, they do ask you why.  I only hope that they take the criticisms on board before making the change permanent.

Or that there are people working on a "revert to classic" Labs option for after the change.

Andy

Dec 6, 2011, 9:27:25 AM12/6/11
to gmu...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 23:40, Sunshine Kid <suns...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If it is a permanent change, why give the option to revert?

I think because we are the beta testers. Based on our feedback, they
may continue to make changes before doing the final release and it
becomes permanent.

You are providing feedback after trying it out, right?? No point
complaining about it if you don't.

Andy

Julie

Dec 12, 2011, 5:38:34 AM12/12/11
to gmu...@googlegroups.com
Interestingly enough, I had been using the New version of the Calendar for some time, without realising that it had changed.  I did notice that there was a revert  to classic option, tried it and went straight back to the new version.

But with Email, I would rather keep the old version, so I am hoping that there will continue to be a Use Classic Version option.

LM

Feb 7, 2012, 7:28:29 AM2/7/12
to GMusers- GMail Beta & Beyond
The place where I work is using Google Mail as its e-mail system.
They are doing a mandatory switch to the new Google look some time
this month with no ability to switch back. Unfortunately, I can't
find any themes as readable as the custom theme I set up with the old
look. I wish they would provide a way to customize to the extent the
old look did as far as choosing colors on screen? I've also noticed
mouse movements are very buggy in the new version and it's causing
issues for me. I tried different browsers, but that didn't improve
mouse function. I find the graphics for buttons far less readable
than having descriptions of buttons functionality. I get that
graphics are better for internationalization, but you see the text
anyway when you mouse over it (and as I mentioned mouse movements such
as mouseovers are rather buggy for me). So, is there any way to
further customize the new look and get back some of the features that
were preferable in the previous version? I've read some things about
customizing the interface with Firefox, but haven't seen any currently
maintained and up-to-date implementations. Are there any options
available to make the new Google Mail look more user friendly and more
readable?

Thanks.

David Hays Buckley

Feb 7, 2012, 8:04:56 AM2/7/12
to gmu...@googlegroups.com
lmemsm:

Simply put, use Chrome. It's the "G" way...;-) It really works well and I have found that I have quickly gotten used to the format of Gmail.

If your cursor is jumpy it is almost certainly not Gmail but your computer causing it

Memorize the meanings of the buttons, see if your computer is okay and use Chrome and report back and let us know.

Mouse well, all.

David

LM

Feb 8, 2012, 8:01:23 AM2/8/12
On Feb 7, 8:04 am, David Hays Buckley <dhbuck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If your cursor is jumpy it is almost certainly not Gmail but your computer
> causing it
>
> Memorize the meanings of the buttons, see if your computer is okay and use
> Chrome and report back and let us know.

I am using Chrome. I get the same erratic behaviour on IE or Chrome.
I don't have that problem at any of the other sites I work with or
with any local applications. I only have the issue when I'm using
Google Mail (on any browser).