GMarks Firefox - SUCCESS!!!

diqiuren8

Mar 25, 2016, 3:48:56 AM3/25/16
to GMarks
GMARKS FOREVER :):):)
Gmarks is a signed extension and so it can be used in all later Firefox Editions. How?

1. Search for GMarks extension
2. Install on any FF browser
3. Sign in to google bookmarks; https://www.google.com/bookmarks/
4. GMarks now works and all your google bookmarks will appear.
5. Don't sign out of Google Bookmarks, just close the tab
Any time Gmarks does not show your Google Bookmarks do step 3.- 5. again.
If GMarks is not auto installed on upgrade to latest FF then do steps 1. to 5.
It's taken me many months of frustration to work this out and it iworks!!!
If you like to donate a $5 for what I have found, send a gift amount to me via PayPal: rgh...@gmail.com

Ildar Mulyukov

Mar 26, 2016, 6:36:48 AM3/26/16
to GMarks

If you like to donate a $5 for what I have found, send a gift amount to me via PayPal:
Oh, really?
--
Ildar Mulyukov,
child of God

email: ildar.m...@gmail.com
GoogleTalk: ildar.m...@gmail.com
blog: http://johan-notes.blogspot.com/

Rodney

Apr 22, 2016, 5:23:57 AM4/22/16
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Yes, if you like. I spent a very long time working this out. But it seems you have misinterpreted; "If you like to donate." See the "If you like..."

Have a HAPPY DAY!
Guangdong
China

JB ROSS

Apr 22, 2016, 2:47:51 PM4/22/16
to gma...@googlegroups.com
thanks for this, but after a few weeks, gmarks stopped working again... i.e. gmarks won't display bookmarks.

firefox  45.0.2

Rodney

Apr 23, 2016, 10:22:14 AM4/23/16
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Open googlebookmarks webpage and the marks will open again. I use this:

https://www.google.com.sg/bookmarks/

because I am using a VPN in China

You may have to close firefox and re-open it. For me, on a mac, I have to restart the computer some times because I am on private network and it slows down so I have to clear the network cache. But when I had direct internet access I only had to open the bookmarks site, with a vpn.

Just now my Gmarks was closed, I logged in with the Gmarks login and opened the singapore bookmarks site and it works.

I love it after more than a year of frustration because Mozilla disalows unsigned apps. Mozilla like google and all the rest, collect your private data from within the browser but you can find a site that tells you how to change the about:config settings.

The above will fix it.

diqiuren

Have a HAPPY DAY!
Guangdong
China

ChiRing Chu

Jun 9, 2016, 10:04:51 AM6/9/16
to GMarks
Today I updated to Firefox 45 esr, and updated GMarks  1.0.3.3.1-signed.1-signed,
and I found I can't delete ANY bookmarks via GMarks, always report ERROR

PS: I can visit my bookmarks via www.google.com/bookmark

在 2016年3月25日星期五 UTC+8下午3:48:56,diqiuren8写道:

David C.

Jun 10, 2016, 7:50:43 AM6/10/16
to GMarks
That build is broken and has been broken for a very long time, because the author never updated after a critical change to Google's servers.

There is a private build by Shitamo that works better.  It is signed and should work in the latest Firefox builds.  See https://groups.google.com/d/msg/GMarks/XNYa1YyL-Ts/SBMAQb2lFAAJ

With Shitamo's build, it will properly read and write bookmarks, but with the following bugs:
  • If you try to add/edit a bookmark, you will get an error message.  But the bookmark gets saved anyway
  • It can't automatically log-in to Google.  If you start your browser and don't see your bookmarks, then go to https://www.google.com/bookmarks/ and log-in.  Then tell GMarks to refresh itself.  Be sure to save Google's login cookie or you'll have to do this every time you restart your browser.
-- David