Can't add bookmark

JB ROSS

Dec 27, 2013, 12:11:07 PM12/27/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Would someone please tell me why I always get the following error message when I try to add a bookmark to gmarks?  I have had this problem for many months now.  The example below is the result of trying to bookmark Netflix, but I get the same error message every time I try to bookmark any page.

Thanks,  Jon

There was an error submitting the following bookmark to Google:
netflix - Google Search
https://www.google.com/search?q=netflix&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.yahoo:en-US:official&client=firefox

Larry Socher

Jan 6, 2014, 7:37:08 AM1/6/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I have had same issue.  API calls or SSL so can't see failure using Wireshark.

Appreciate any help troubleshooting.  I did see reference to newer beta version of GMarks 1.0.5 (at Free) but can't seem to find link.

Thanks.

Enzo Michelangeli

Jan 6, 2014, 8:07:37 AM1/6/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
If you want to see the data on the wire you may use Firefox with the HttpFox add-on: it captures the HTTP data inside the browser, before they get encrypted.

Enzo

Jan 16, 2014, 8:11:42 AM1/16/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I've experienced this error from time to time.

It is always resolved (in my case) by logging out of my Google account and then back into it.

I haven't explored the problem further as it doesn't happen often enough to spend time on it.

Good luck
Rob

mrGatoChile

Jan 18, 2014, 8:51:36 PM1/18/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Trying to import my firefox bookmark i get this javascript error for gmarks
Fecha: 18/01/2014 22:49:39
Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_IID: Component returned failure code: 0x80570018 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_IID) [nsIJSCID.getService]
Código Fuente: chrome://gmarks/content/bookmarkBatch.js
Línea: 101

mrGatoChile

Jan 18, 2014, 9:25:39 PM1/18/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
the interface nsILivemarkService is deprecated then by that and perhaps anothers is not working gmarks