Bookmarks not showing in Gmarks Toolbar menu

nyliferocks

Aug 4, 2009, 3:39:09 PM8/4/09
to GMarks
At first they were showing but now my bookmarks only show in the
sidemenu and not the toolbar menu. I checked my options and everything
seems ok

John Marshall

Aug 4, 2009, 7:14:04 PM8/4/09
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
Any errors in the error console? Tools>Error Console

Fu Tongtang

Aug 4, 2009, 11:08:12 PM8/4/09
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
Hi

The error is the "GMarks" can't refer to a local address.
I got several bookmarks containing local address, like "
file:///E:/Clark/Book/-Design%20Pattern%20&.../DP/..."
They are kept OK in google bookmarks.
But become empty when retrieved to the GMarks.

Thx

AR

Aug 5, 2009, 10:36:51 AM8/5/09
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
Hi, are these two coming from the add on?

glDataObject: Creating glDataObject object from JS response...

glDataObject: Creating glDataObject object from data...

Anthony

John Marshall

Aug 5, 2009, 8:07:47 PM8/5/09
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
It is because google filters these addresses out of the rss feed
gmarks downloads. Gmarks uses this instead of the xml feed because it
needs to be able to download the notes which are provided in the xml
feed.

John Marshall

Aug 5, 2009, 8:08:04 PM8/5/09
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
I really don't think so.

Fu Tongtang

Aug 6, 2009, 2:41:08 AM8/6/09
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
So, if google always filters out the addresses, GMark could never support local addresses?
That is really a bad news...

John Marshall

Aug 6, 2009, 5:59:42 PM8/6/09
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
Not unless they change or I decide to download two sets of bookmark
data. I have an issue with that because it just seems unnecessary

Heyleke

Aug 12, 2009, 6:03:55 AM8/12/09
to GMarks
is there any update on this, is this issue addressed in the latests
GMarks release?
Or should I address the 'google bookmarks RSS feed creator' for this
issue? (If I'm able to do so ;-) )

br, Jan

Jessie MA

Oct 8, 2014, 1:57:34 AM10/8/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com, GMa...@googlegroups.com, hey...@gmail.com
I am having exactly the problem stated in this thread. No tags specified, simply got a empty  bookmark toolbar at the top.
FF version : 32

I indeed noticed that the thread was last updated several years ago ;)

I have to try my luck to see if I can get any help here and if not, I will Email the developer of Gmark in several weeks.

在 2009年8月12日星期三UTC+8下午6时03分55秒,Heyleke写道: