Does GMarks get my Google Password

debjyoti das

Mar 8, 2014, 9:52:18 AM3/8/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Is there any possibility that the GMarks gets my Google username/password combination when I install and use it? I am concerned about any misuse of my Google credentials.

David C.

Mar 9, 2014, 8:13:41 PM3/9/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
It shouldn't matter either way.  The auto-login feature of GMarks stopped working a long time ago, when Google changed the URL for authentication and the add-in has never been updated.  If you enter your information, it won't accomplish anything so don't bother.

Fortunately, GMarks doesn't need its own login.  Visit the Google Bookmarks web page (https://www.google.com/bookmarks/) and login from there if necessary.  Then refresh GMarks.

If you accept the cookie from Google, GMarks will continue to work until the cookie expires - then you can do another login/refresh to renew the cookie.  If you don't accept the cookie, or if you clear it, then you'll have to do this every time you start your browser.

-- David