JE website and articles of interest

Hills, Susan (CDC/CCID/NCZVED)

Jan 18, 2010, 8:22:29 PM1/18/10
to GMS-J...@googlegroups.com
Dear all
I would like to post some information and bring to your attention a small number of documents may be of interest to the group:

1) WHO has revised its New and Unter-utilized Vaccine Implementation (NUVI) website. If you go to www.who.int/nuvi and click on "Vaccines" at the bottom left side of the page, then click on Japanese encephalitis on the right side of the page, there are a number of additional links where information is posted.

2) The abstract of an article on evaluation of two commercial JE ELISA kits for use with cerebrospinal fluid, published in the American J of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene in December. Barbara Johnson presented some of these results at the GMS forum, and they are now in published form. Unfortunately, I can only attach the abstract due to copyright issues, but free access to the full article may be available through the Hinari system or through individual organization subscriptions.

3) The abstract (English and French) of an article on findings from 2 years of JE surveillance in Cambodia, published in November last year in Tropical Medicine and International Health. (Again, I can only attach the abstract, but free access to the full article may be available through the Hinari system or through individual organization subscriptions).

4) The abstract of an article on findings from simple assessments of disability after JE in patients in Cambodia and Viet Nam, published in Tropical Pediatrics. (The article is currently only an E-publication ahead of print, but may be available through institutional subscritpions)

If you would like the full article of any of these, and have trouble accessing it, please write to me at shi...@cdc.gov

Best wishes and Happy New Year to all.
Susan Hills

Evaluation of MAC ELISA kits for detection of IgM against JE virus in cerebrospinal fluid samples.doc
Epidemiology and burden of disease from JE in Cambodia_English and French abstract_TMIH 2009.doc
Disability from JE in Cambodia and Vietnam_Trop Ped 2010.doc

Stephane P. Rousseau (RCU)

Jan 18, 2010, 9:16:48 PM1/18/10
to GMS-J...@googlegroups.com
Dear Susan,

Wonderful!!!
Thank you so much for the sharing of all these valuable information and documents with the JE Network! This is exactly what this Network and forum is about. And you are the first one to use this GMS-J...@googlegroups.com email address to join us all at once for these sharing. Congratulations then too!

I take this opportunity to encourage all members of this GMS JE group to feel free to share documents of interest with the rest of the group through the use of this above-mentioned email address. It's easy, it's simple and it works!

As a reminder you may also access all documents already posted and all exchanges that already took place by visiting the website at http://groups.google.com/group/GMS-JE-Net?hl=en

Once again, thanks to Susan, and now that she has opened the door, let's enter the forum!

Kind regards
Stéphane

_______________________
Stéphane P. Rousseau (Mr)