Fwd: Request for Updates on IVM Research

Regional Coordination Unit (RCU)

Aug 19, 2010, 6:56:21 AM8/19/10
to gms-cdc-de...@googlegroups.com, GMS Network on Japanese Encephalitis (JE)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hii, Dr Jeffrey (PHL) <Hi...@wpro.who.int>
Date: Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Subject: Request for Updates on IVM Research
To: lxhun...@yahoo.com, ano...@hn.vnn.vn, to setha <to_s...@yahoo.com>, by...@cdc.gov, socha...@cnm.gov.kh, gms.c...@gmail.com, thosoc...@yahoo.com, peu...@yahoo.com, sovanna...@cnm.gov.kh, rolvedamd...@yahoo.com, ngtr...@yahoo.com, nguyenm...@gmail.com, chun...@yahoo.com.cn, trannh...@gmail.com, duc...@yahoo.com, jsw...@126.com, drman...@gmail.com, tranv...@yahoo.com, rattanaxay....@theglobalfundlao.org, nguyen...@yahoo.com, lo...@nihe.org.vn, k.kal...@gmail.com, dr.v...@yahoo.com, hoa...@gmail.com, k.keok...@yahoo.com, ngog...@yahoo.com, khanh...@nihe.org.vn, lethu...@yahoo.com, trinh...@yahoo.com, afi...@yahoo.com, haquang...@yahoo.com, tranli...@gmail.com, monpe...@yahoo.com, thaohi...@gmail.com, v...@vestergaard-frandsen.com, ngoth...@gmail.com, hoin...@gmail.com, h...@vestergaard-frandsen.com, hodin...@fpt.vn, Lau Sai Ming <lau.sm@moh.gov.my>, hans.ov...@umb.no, drch...@mkak.moh.gov.my, ahmad...@moh.gov.my, eireen villa <eireen...@yahoo.com>

Dear Colleagues

The IVM Global strategic and action plan led to the establishment of three working groups in 2009. The working group on evidence based decision making and integrated approach met at the Malaria Consortium office in London from 26-27 August 2009. The report of the meeting was published and it identified research priorities and research strategy and also identified institutions for networking and coordination of research activities on IVM, see attached report.

The purpose of this email is to identify and update the vector control research needs in malaria elimination, dengue control , elimination of lymphatic filariasis, including research on genetically modified vectors.

I would be grateful to hear your current research initiatives and activities.

Regards

Jeffrey

This message was scanned for viruses with Trend Micro ScanMail, GFI MailSecurity and GFI MailEssentials by the World Health Organization Regional Office for the Western Pacific. However, the recipient is advised to scan this e-mail and any attached files for viruses.

Disclaimer:

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law.

If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You may not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.

WHO_HTM_NTD_VEM_2009.2_eng.pdf