Fwd: [baltimoregreens] Support Ballot Petition Modernization Act

1 view

Renaud Brown

Feb 18, 2024, 3:24:56 PMFeb 18
to pg...@groups.io, GMOM-vo...@googlegroups.com, Joyce Lang, Mary Park, Andrew Greene, greenbeltracia...@googlegroups.com, Council, Odette Ramos D14, Paulette Hammond, Tony Langbehn, Bahram Zandi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Andy Ellis <s.andre...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 18, 2024, 3:05 PM
Subject: [baltimoregreens] Support Ballot Petition Modernization Act
To: Bgp Listerv <baltimo...@googlegroups.com>

The Ballot Petition Modernization Act has been introduced in the Maryland General Assembly.  It is an important piece of legislation that allows for electronic signatures on ballot access petitions and makes some other modernizations of the petition process.

This is an issue I have worked one since 2020, when during the COVID state of emergency we were able to convince the State Board of Elections to allow electronic signatures on petitions. When the state of emergency went away so did the electronic signatures and now we need to get legislation passed in the general assembly to make it permanent.

This bill has a senate hearing on 3/1 and a house hearing on 3/ 5 If you are a Maryland resident please sign on to this letter in support of the legislation. If you have any questions please let me know!

https://forms.gle/vezN7mnmQ4cRmKsZ8

Andy Ellis

--
Andy Ellis

Twitter: @Bmoreconnected
Facebook: Andy Ellis

Charlie Cooper

Feb 19, 2024, 11:26:33 AMFeb 19
to GMOM-vo...@googlegroups.com, Andy Ellis, pg...@groups.io, Joyce Lang, Mary Park, Andrew Greene, greenbeltracia...@googlegroups.com, Council, Odette Ramos D14, Paulette Hammond, Tony Langbehn, Bahram Zandi
SB 1009 is the wrong bill number. The correct number is SB 1029.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GMOM-volunteers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/GMOM-volunteers/CAC2tMx1oggZurXw%3DcUzNrVbQ-RYMAfsEj_1z0eNQ0KF5LQaK7A%40mail.gmail.com.