History is Now Being Made

Probo

Jul 8, 2009, 3:44:29 AM7/8/09
to GA Alumni Association
True!

On Uclue, of course.

#3097 is the very first occasion when a Questioner has Answered his
own Question!

#3101 has now been 'locked' for what seems a lifetime and I bet that
the Researcher has forgotten all about it. Hey there, WAKE UP!

Would Myoarin please advise The Guiness Book of Records accordingly?

Many thanks

Probo

myoarin

Jul 8, 2009, 4:56:43 AM7/8/09
to GA Alumni Association
Sorry, Probo nopublico,

You're living up to your name, BUT

Miro in Q 3106 did first - just didn't post the information for
anyone to see (perhaps others before that).

And then it is very debatable whether the "answer" would be acceptable
to your "client", who did, indeed, seem already to know that
information.

But credit where credit is due: maybe it will get the ball rolling.

Cheers, Myo

Roger Browne

Jul 8, 2009, 11:17:28 AM7/8/09
to GA Alumni Association
> #3097 is the very first occasion when a Questioner has Answered his
> own Question!

Impressive, but not the first time. In #3064 willdeans posted a
detailed answer to his own question.
http://uclue.com/?xq=3064

It has happened before that, too, and I also remember it happening at
Google Answers. I think the act of writing out the question helps
people to clarify the problem in their own mind and often leads to an
answer.

Regards,
Roger

myoarin

Jul 8, 2009, 12:01:04 PM7/8/09
to GA Alumni Association
"I think the act of writing out the question helps people to clarify
the problem in their own mind and often leads to an
answer. "

Very astute! Precisely! Several times, I have puzzled with a
problem, and then when I started to explain it to someone else, the
answer/solution came to me. Sloppy thinking, that I didn't really
define the problem in my own mind first.

As a woman in a daily cartoon named "The Girls (all golden aged) said
- decades ago -
"How do know what I think, until I have heard what I have to say."

Anyone else marry her or one of her ilk?

Myo

On 8 Jul., 17:17, Roger Browne <roger.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > #3097 is the very first occasion when a Questioner has Answered his
> > own Question!
>
> Impressive, but not the first time. In #3064 willdeans posted a
> detailed answer to his own question.http://uclue.com/?xq=3064

Archae0pterYx

Aug 9, 2009, 5:04:56 PM8/9/09
to GA Alumni Association
Myo,

"How do I know what I think until I see what I say?" is a quote
attributed to English novelist E.M. Forster (1879 - 1970). I think a
lot of people have borrowed it with slight variations.

Tryx

Read more: http://www.gaia.com/quotes/EM_Forster#ixzz0NioYmDEm