Headhunters

myoarin

Nov 15, 2009, 12:41:28 PM11/15/09
to GA Alumni Association
Let's see if anyone other than crawlers are still around.

I am sure you have had queezy feelings when reading about headhunters,
wondering just what they did with their trophies. The Iban in Borneo
take them home to their wives or mothers - well, they used to, and
the women had special cloths to receive them. That is what the link
below is really about, and the queezy question disturbed the site
administrator, but someone from Malaysia explains all. Scroll down
past the photos to the longer text.

http://www.tribaltextiles.info/community/viewtopic.php?t=1430

Anyone but an Iban women may still have queezy feelings, but less than
before, I hope.

Cheers to all, Myo

eiffel

Nov 15, 2009, 4:01:33 PM11/15/09
to GA Alumni Association
> I am sure you have had queezy feelings when reading about headhunters

Actually, no. But then again, I had never heard of the "textile virus"
either, so the article was quite interesting in several ways. Thanks!

Regards,
Roger

David

Nov 15, 2009, 4:43:29 PM11/15/09
to GA Alumni Association
>>I had never heard of the "textile virus" either<<

Not the intended meaning, I know, but your comment reminded me of the
disease known as CJD -- the human version of mad cow disease -- which
was first identified in tribes that feasted on the brains of their
vanquished enemies, I believe.

Just the type of feasting we had cows doing, for a while there,
anyway.

Whose idea was that again?

dj

P.S. I'm sure, with that happy comment, I've put the GAAA back into
hibernation again.

mathtalk

Nov 15, 2009, 5:28:59 PM11/15/09
to GA Alumni Association

On Nov 15, 4:01 pm, eiffel <roger.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
[myo wrote:]
> > I am sure you have had queezy feelings when reading about
> > headhunters
>
> Actually, no.

Personally I was having quezi feelings, after being
crestfallen that executive recruiters were not any
way involved in the telling.

--c

myoarin

Nov 15, 2009, 10:27:49 PM11/15/09
to GA Alumni Association
I know all about the textile virus.

It is especially virulent this time of the year, when people come in
contact with more textile than is comfortable.
The only cure - temporary - is to avoid all such contact for as long
as possible, preferably in a suitable climate.

Cheers, Myo