Commenters waiting 24 hours before posting

eiffel

Jan 29, 2011, 6:41:39 AM1/29/11
to gaal...@googlegroups.com
A courteous convention has developed amongst some commenters of waiting 24 hours before posting on a new question, to give researchers a chance to get in first. Uclue's policy is that if the "Comment" link is displayed, a commenter is entitled to use it, and that a researcher can lock the question if they wish to prevent comments.

Anyone want to discuss this?

Clara Horvath

Jan 29, 2011, 6:05:47 PM1/29/11
to gaal...@googlegroups.com
It seems I'm no longer a member of this group so I can't comment in that forum.

I don't think we should limit Comments for the peanut gallery. I think they should be able to post as soon as the question is displayed.

Clara

Feb 17, 2011, 11:17:32 AM2/17/11
to gaal...@googlegroups.com
OK, the policy going forward is: "The convention of waiting 24 hours before posting a comment on a new Uclue question is not endorsed by Uclue.

Any time you see the "Comment" link, feel free to post a comment."