youclue The Musical

Probo

Jul 28, 2009, 3:58:32 AM7/28/09
to GA Alumni Association
I'm pleased to announce that the story line is shaping up nicely but
I'm still lacking a Question that will justify a $64,000 price but
without attracting any police brutality, law suits, incarceration in
Guantanamo Bay or worse: the dreaded 'Flagged for Review' tag.

The Question must be answerable although delving into one or more
foreign languages will be OK.

Now, I know from experience that all you guys and gals out there are
the greatest at answering questions but ...

Can anyone now help me with a truly great Question?

Please!

Probo

myoarin

Jul 28, 2009, 10:42:30 AM7/28/09
to GA Alumni Association
Hi Probo,

I've be trying to think of one.

I think "What's my (Myo's) wife's maiden name?" could be very
difficult, since our marriage certificate probably isn't on a
website. There are a few people who know, but I can tell them to
demand a hefty portion of the price before they reveal the information
(with a kickback to me, of course). Maybe I could find the
information via the web, knowing where to search and ask - not that I
need to - but I guess even my answer would need to be documented.

Alternatively, you could post a mere $400 question and see what the
profies think could be difficult enough to justify a $64,000 search
effort.
But watch out, they may have already found the answer.

Cheers, Myo

David

Jul 28, 2009, 12:37:33 PM7/28/09
to GA Alumni Association
Q: How can I quickly and easily earn $65,000?
> > Probo- Hide quoted text -

Probo

Jul 29, 2009, 3:34:43 AM7/29/09
to GA Alumni Association
Many thanks, Myo and David

I can now see the way forward provided that both of you continue to
assist:

David: I am quite prepared to up the Price to $65,000 rather than
$64,000 as I originally specified provided that you can arrange:

(a) For the Limit to be raised accordingly; and

(b) For Payment to be made in any currency.

It does seem odd that, with Researchers all over the globe, there
isn't a more international flavour. It's long overdue.

Myo: I do believe that our friends in Zimbabwe should be allowed to
participate. Could you please sort out the currency side?

Cin Cin

Probo

myoarin

Jul 29, 2009, 8:12:57 AM7/29/09
to GA Alumni Association
Probo, you mean in any currency that uses a dollar sign "$"? From
Wikipedia:

"Currencies that use the dollar or peso sign

In addition to those countries of the world that use dollars [e.g.,
Zimbabwe] or pesos , a number of other countries use the $ symbol to
denote their currencies, including:

* Nicaraguan córdoba (usually written as C$)
* Tongan pa'anga

Except the Philippine peso, whose sign is written as .

Some currencies use the cifrão (\mathrm{S}\!\!\!\Vert ), similar to
the dollar sign, but always with two strokes:

* Brazilian real
* Cape Verde escudo
* Chilean peso"

I don't think 65,000 Zim$ is worth a click, if an amount that small in
the currency can be paid, due to lack of coins or notes in such a
small denomination.

myo

Probo

Jul 29, 2009, 8:57:15 AM7/29/09
to GA Alumni Association
Very many thanks, Myo

I actually mean ANY currency and, in particular, GBP and the Euro.

I certainly don't intend to deal in either coins or notes because they
can be so easily forged.

However, Gold Sovereigns or Kruger Rands should be OK as we can always
do an Acid Test.

Looking forward!

myoarin

Jul 29, 2009, 10:03:47 AM7/29/09
to GA Alumni Association
"However, Gold Sovereigns or Kruger Rands should be OK as we can
always
do an Acid Test. " (What about US Double Eagles?)*

True, but then you'd have to worry about physical delivery. Back in
James Bond's day, that was easy with an Asprey (or Sterling and
Burke?) attaché case prepared by Q, but these days, with the post 9/11
controls, couriers could have a problem.

*Almost 40 years ago, I sent one from Australia to Germany to my
future fiancée by mail, and it arrived, but those days are past.
Hmm? Hope that didn't give her false impression of my generousity.
Probably. Have to ask her sometime.

Cheers, Myo

Probo

Jul 30, 2009, 12:54:49 AM7/30/09
to GA Alumni Association
Double Eagles should be OK, Myo, if you say so.

But I'm getting very worried about David.

Do you suppose that the Feds have caught up with him at last?

Worried of Hove