kinda quiet in here

Bobcrovault

Aug 7, 2009, 8:46:09 AM8/7/09
to Gateway Autodesk Users Group
Where are all the CAD people at?

MistressOfTheDorkness

Aug 11, 2009, 10:19:19 AM8/11/09
to Gateway Autodesk Users Group
It is a bit quiet in here, isn't it?

Most actively online folks are probably at:
http://forums.augi.com/index.php
or
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/
or
https://beta.autodesk.com/
or
http://www.waun.org/

But, of course, we'd love it if more folks came here, too. :-)

Stephen Sherrill

Aug 11, 2009, 10:52:20 AM8/11/09
to GA...@googlegroups.com
Would it be permitted to add TheSwamp to your fine list of links?

MistressOfTheDorkness

Aug 12, 2009, 8:32:21 AM8/12/09
to Gateway Autodesk Users Group
:-D But, of course, loads of active talent over there, too. :-)

On Aug 11, 9:52 am, Stephen Sherrill <quiggl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be permitted to add TheSwamp <http://www.theswamp.org/> to your
> fine list of links?
>
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM, MistressOfTheDorkness <

Stephen Sherrill

Aug 12, 2009, 12:04:09 PM8/12/09
to GA...@googlegroups.com
Then I invite everyone over to explore TheSwamp.  It is not even necessary to register to browse the programming and application forums for help or information.  Be sure to stop back here on your way back to share anything you learn.

Bobcrovault

Aug 13, 2009, 8:44:40 AM8/13/09
to Gateway Autodesk Users Group
Yeah, it just feels so quite in here and this google groups is kinda
hard to navigate. I'm kinda curious as to why we navagated away from
the old site. I really liked the layout and it was easy for me and
others at my work to follow as some of them are to lazy to sign up for
websites and stuff. ha ha

home...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2009, 8:32:22 AM8/21/09
to Gateway Autodesk Users Group
...and I believe the www.gatewayaug.com website is dead. No, its still
there, but no updates since February???

Bobcrovault

Aug 21, 2009, 8:53:41 AM8/21/09

On Aug 21, 7:32 am, "homepl...@gmail.com" <homepl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...and I believe thewww.gatewayaug.comwebsite is dead. No, its still
> there, but no updates since February???

I know, that is the one I have been checking and ended up missing the
last meeting because that is the only site I knew about. Good thing I
signed up to recieve emails otherwise I would still be waiting over
there :P

MistressOfTheDorkness

Aug 24, 2009, 12:58:31 PM8/24/09
to Gateway Autodesk Users Group
Bob,

I apologize for the lack of updates on the main site, I'm not too
thrilled about that either.
There *used* to be a link on the front page of the GAUG site that went
to my blog posts tagged with the GatewayAUG, where I have always made
announcements about every single meeting.
http://mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/search/label/GatewayAUG

I also post our meetings on the AUGI LUG Calendar
http://forums.augi.com/calendar.php?s=&month=8&year=2009&do=&c=3

The Google Group was created because there were a few comments about
being able to have a place to have a 'back and forth', discussions
between members, so we can get to know one another, even if we can't
make it to the meetings.

I see from the last update emailed out (I also posted it here in the
discussions, I believe), that Nicholas will also be sending out all
notifications through the Google Group from now on (I used to do the
emails to members, and I will attest it's a huge pain, I had to send
them out in three batches because of limitations of the yahoo email I
was using... then I also sent out one batch via my gmail account for
those that had yahoo blocked, so I can understand why he's had enough
of it).

Planning is currently going on for a fall meeting and a winter
meeting, I'll post as soon as I hear something concrete...

Cheers!

Melanie

On Aug 21, 7:53 am, Bobcrovault <bobcrova...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 7:32 am, "homepl...@gmail.com" <homepl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ...and I believe thewww.gatewayaug.comwebsiteis dead. No, its still
> > there, but no updates since February???
>
> I know, that is the one I have been checking and ended up missing the
> last meeting because that is the only site I knew about.  Good thing I
> signed up to receive emails otherwise I would still be waiting over there :P

Chris Von Feldt

Aug 24, 2009, 2:17:26 PM8/24/09
to ga...@googlegroups.com
We had an admin meeting, but nobody wanted to take
over web duties.
06:05:00

Bobcrovault

Aug 25, 2009, 11:41:25 AM8/25/09
to Gateway Autodesk Users Group
Ah ha. I will just have to keep my eye on here than I guess and
update my crazy coworkers on when there is a meeting. Looking forward
to seeing you all again soon.