This Saturday, Roscoe and Etta (Maia Sharp and Anna Schulze) at frogstop

Frogstop House Concerts

Oct 17, 2019, 7:22:11 PM10/17/19
to Frogstop Concerts
Greg's recovering from a stress fracture in his foot, Cathy's recovering from a virus. But we're soldiering on, getting things ready for Saturday night. And what are you doing? Making some reservations! Yes!

Cheers,
Cathy & Greg

          http://frogstop.org

          760-295-0222

Roscoe & Etta

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Concert: 7:30pm / Doors: 6:45pm

San Marcos

Picture
We last saw Maia Sharp here at frogstop in 2014. In 2018, Maia formed a new duo project with singer-songwriter Anna Schulze called "Roscoe & Etta". We thought the debut album was tremendous. With their new EP – Blessings, Curses, Anchors and Wings – releasing October 18th, we're very excited to have Roscoe & Etta here at frogstop the next day, Saturday, October 19.

We've loved Maia Sharp's music for some time, and with the addition of another powerhouse singer-songwriter and instrumentalist, Anna Shulze, there's just more to love: great songs, great harmonies, great playing. You can learn more about Roscoe & Etta on their website, and hear interviews and music in these podcasts: Joy Sounds (Music You Need To Know), Episode 14; and Storyophonic Season 3 Episode 1.

Maia is making some of the most innovative and soulful music around with songs that are head and shoulders above the rest. She has become one of my favorite artists…
- Bonnie Raitt

Anna Schulze is a refreshing update on the singer/songwriter.  She plays electric guitar, sings from the heart, and brings energy and passion to the stage.  She simmers and shimmers somewhere between power pop and emo rock, and her melodies evoke the great American summer…
- Glen Ballard

Finding the right combination is essential in cooking, love and music. Roscoe & Etta have hit the jackpot with a combination of thoughtful lyrics, beautiful harmonies and great guitar work.
— WMMM

We've put together a YouTube playlist to introduce you to Roscoe & Etta, but we'd also encourage you to check out the solo music of both Maia Sharpe and Anna Schulze.

More on Roscoe & Etta: https://roscoeandetta.com/

Concert: 7:30pm
Doors open: 6:45pm
Suggested donation $20 per person (all proceeds go to the artists)

The concert will be outdoors. (We'll send directions when you make your reservation.)