FW: Dist 15 Legislative Mting - Protect Minnesota's Great Outdoors: Sat, Jan 27 8:30am at Stearns History Museum

Bender, Michner R.

Jan 10, 2007, 10:41:58 PM1/10/07
to Friendsoft...@googlegroups.com

FYI

From: Molly Z. Zins [mailto:Mol...@minnesotawaters.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 2:36 PM
Subject: Dist 15 Legislative Mting - Protect Minnesota's Great Outdoors: Sat, Jan 27 8:30am at Stearns History Museum

DO YOU TREASURE MINNESOTA’S GREAT OUTDOORS?  ENJOY OUR LAKES, RIVERS, WETLANDS AND PRAIRIES?

Join your local community members and District 15 Legislators, Senator Clark and Representative Haws, to discuss Minnesota’s land, air and water—

as well as the threats facing our prized natural resources and what we can all do to protect them for future generations!

Saturday, January 27

Stearns History Museum

8:30 a.m.

Protect Minnesota’s Great Outdoors Legislative Information Briefing

9:00 a.m.

Meeting with Senator Clark and Representative Haws

Stearns History Museum:

235 33rd Avenue South, St. Cloud

http://www.stearns-museum.org/index2.html

This meeting is sponsored by the Minnesota Environmental Partnership and Minnesota Waters.  The Minnesota Environmental Partnership (MEP) is a coalition of more than 80 non-profit conservation and environmental organizations from around Minnesota who have joined together to Protect Minnesota’s Great Outdoors. More than 450,000 Minnesotans belong to these organizations.  Minnesota Waters is a statewide non-profit organization engaging citizens who are protecting and improving Minnesota’s lakes, streams and the watersheds draining to them.

With questions, please contact:

Molly Z. Zins, Minnesota Waters

Watershed Stewardship Director

800.515.5253

mol...@minnesotawaters.org

PROTECT MINNESOTA’S GREAT OUTDOORS: LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES

Learn more about Protect Minnesota’s Great Outdoors Legislative Priorities at: http://www.mepartnership.org/mep_legislation.asp

Minnesotans treasure our Great Outdoors. Enjoying our lakes, rivers, wetlands, prairies and forests is an important part of our way of life and who we are. Protecting Minnesota’s land, air and water helps keep us all healthy, it teaches our children valuable lessons about using our environment responsibly, and it helps ensure that future generations will have the same opportunities as we do to enjoy Minnesota’s Great Outdoors.

But today, our Great Outdoors is threatened. Our lakes and rivers aren’t as clean as they used to be – nor as clean as they should be. Sprawl and development will take an estimated 1 million acres of farmland and natural areas in the next 25 years. And as up to 1.2 million people move into Minnesota in the coming years, the pressures on our parks, wildlife habitat and natural areas will intensify and our need for energy will continue to grow.

Minnesotans do our part to protect our environment everyday. But we can’t do it alone. We need our state’s elected officials to do their part too. We need to make smart investments to protect and restore Minnesota’s Great Outdoors so we can keep enjoying it today and be able to pass it on to our kids tomorrow. That is the goal of Protect Minnesota’s Great Outdoors.