Acceptance and/or denial

Maria Mccarthy

Aug 2, 2018, 11:08:27 PM8/2/18
to Friends of Thamkrabok Monastery
Does anyone know the reason that they would deny anyone? I Have a friend traveling in Thailand and they have agreed to go to the monastery for detox. It wasn’t planned however due to the circumstances while he was in Thailand it is now essential. He is having a difficult time communicating over there via phone. He will be traveling there by bus and I know there’s no Internet. I would appreciate anyone’s guidance. Thank you!

Kalou Koefoed

Aug 2, 2018, 11:18:36 PM8/2/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
If he can get himself there, I'm sure they will not turn him away. I hope it all goes well for him.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Maria Mccarthy <marm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know the reason that they would deny anyone? I Have a friend traveling in Thailand and they have agreed to go to the monastery for detox. It wasn’t planned however due to the circumstances while he was in Thailand it is now essential.  He is having a difficult  time communicating over there via phone.  He will be traveling there by bus  and I know there’s no Internet.   I would appreciate anyone’s guidance. Thank you!

The OFFICIAL Thamkrabok Monastery website is http://www.wat-thamkrabok.org
 INDEPENDENT information can be found at http://www.thamkrabok.net
 BUDDHIST RECOVERY information can be found at http://www.5th-precept.org
 HUNGRY GHOST RETREAT information can be found at http://www.HungryGhostRetreats.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Friends of Thamkrabok Monastery" group.

sasa ridel

Aug 3, 2018, 3:13:02 AM8/3/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Just go there!! You will ve accepted, no doubt

Sasa Ridel
CEO
District one Handels GmbH
Johannesgasse 17
1010 Wien

KKBB Franchisedevelopment GmbH
Berggasse 11/10
1090 Wien

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Friends of Thamkrabok Monastery" group.

fabrice hecquet

Aug 3, 2018, 3:44:29 AM8/3/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Just go there. Internet and phone are allowed after the first 5 days of detox. 1 time per week.
They will welcome him for sure.

Fab

On Friday, August 3, 2018, 5:08:27 AM GMT+2, Maria Mccarthy <marm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does anyone know the reason that they would deny anyone? I Have a friend traveling in Thailand and they have agreed to go to the monastery for detox. It wasn’t planned however due to the circumstances while he was in Thailand it is now essential.  He is having a difficult  time communicating over there via phone.  He will be traveling there by bus  and I know there’s no Internet.  I would appreciate anyone’s guidance. Thank you!

The OFFICIAL Thamkrabok Monastery website is http://www.wat-thamkrabok.org
INDEPENDENT information can be found at http://www.thamkrabok.net
BUDDHIST RECOVERY information can be found at http://www.5th-precept.org
HUNGRY GHOST RETREAT information can be found at http://www.HungryGhostRetreats.org

tatiana K

Kieran Conway

Aug 3, 2018, 8:05:10 PM8/3/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Hi there how are you doing what brings you on?

Namaste
To post to this group, send email to Friends-of-Tham...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Friends of Thamkrabok Monastery" group.

Kieran Conway

Aug 3, 2018, 9:05:05 PM8/3/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure you will receive my reply but I hope you are well. I am sure Some one will make contact shortly namaste

Namaste

On 4 Aug 2018, at 12:17 am, tatiana K <k.ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Friends of Thamkrabok Monastery" group.

seda aydin

Aug 4, 2018, 10:37:57 AM8/4/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
My fiance has alcohol problem and when we contacted the monastery we were told that he should be sober for at least 7 days before coming to the monastery. Because if he has a seizure due to alcohol withdrawal they might not be able to help him. So if your friend has alcohol problem they will probably tell him the same.

Cheers,
Seda

On Fri, 3 Aug. 2018, 1:08 pm Maria Mccarthy, <marm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know the reason that they would deny anyone? I Have a friend traveling in Thailand and they have agreed to go to the monastery for detox. It wasn’t planned however due to the circumstances while he was in Thailand it is now essential.  He is having a difficult  time communicating over there via phone.  He will be traveling there by bus  and I know there’s no Internet.   I would appreciate anyone’s guidance. Thank you!

Maria McCarthy

Aug 5, 2018, 1:48:40 PM8/5/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com

Thank you!  He’s now has been sober so we are timing it so he arrives after at least 7 days of being sober.  The challenging part is that he is in Thailand, so we remain concerned  that he is at risk.

Maria McCarthy

Aug 5, 2018, 1:52:08 PM8/5/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your encouraging words!  We are arranging for a tour, for a few days, with delivery at the monastery.  So we will get him there.

Maria McCarthy

Aug 5, 2018, 1:53:41 PM8/5/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your encouragement.  The nun I’ve communicated seems very nice, so I’m hopeful.  Plus, I’m praying and chanting for everyone that is there now, trying to cover all basis.

Yes, they have.  Thank you for your support !

Namaste

Maria McCarthy

Aug 5, 2018, 2:03:12 PM8/5/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com

It’s truly for a friend, who had an alcohol episode while traveling.   I think we’ve “resolved” as much as we can resolve.

As you are more experienced, I thought before he actually goes in, to set  a video conference with friends, so we can all see him in person, and encourage.  Maybe like an intervention.  Good idea or bad?

As for the money, we are sending money the day before he goes in, as we’re trying to  minimize the cash he has on hands.  So, is it fair to give the amount for food, and the cab back, plus a bit more, but not much?  I’m anticipating 14 days, as I was told 14 days would be ok, longer would require another level of acceptance.  My friend has already agreed to 14 days, and his visa is good to then.

Namaste

Maria McCarthy

Aug 5, 2018, 2:04:38 PM8/5/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Tatiana.  We seem to be on track, at least if all goes as planned.  So praying a lot, and added chanting this morning.

K Lampon

Aug 6, 2018, 2:32:49 AM8/6/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Dear Maria

I recommend your friend purchase travel medical insurance to cover him for any unforeseen medical situations. It s not expensive. Sometimes Thailand immigration is cracking down on visitors without insurance.

They may ask for it.  It's akot cheaper to buy it before he travels.

Good luck

Kevin

Maria Mccarthy

Aug 6, 2018, 4:36:56 AM8/6/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Kevin thank you!  Unfortunately he had not.

  We found one company that does offer it once you’re abroad.  Caremed.

Not only is it cheaper but also Many options if you do before you travel.

K Lampon

Aug 6, 2018, 4:38:33 AM8/6/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
You can also get it with seven corners while aboard.