"Oil-maggedon" Is "Trickle-Down"

Rising Tide Campaign

May 31, 2010, 3:53:16 PM5/31/10
to Campaign Committee, FreeTheDemocrats. com, FreeTheStudents, FreeThePeople

green.jpgRising Tide Campaign

Bill Scheurer for Congress

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                            Contact:  Bill Scheurer, Candidate

June 1, 2010                                                                          Scheur...@comcast.net

                                                                                                  847-245-1421 (h) | 847-370-3411 (m)

“Oil-maggedon” Is “Trickle-Down”

oil-bird.jpgPity the poor brown pelican. Having to work two jobs just to stay afloat – the normal hard work of making a living – and now struggling to clean off all that gucky oil dumped on him.

He is the latest visible victim of our failed experiment with “trickle-down economics” theory. Our government is so corrupted by trickle-down money that it lets oil companies write laws to limit their responsibility to coastal fisheries, tourism businesses – and yes, poor brown pelicans – with arbitrary caps on liabilities while pocketing billions of dollars in taxpayer-subsidized profits.

Our bought-and-paid-for-government also promotes foolish notions like letting industry regulate itself, with predictably ghoulish results. According to reports, BP could have used a $500,000 backup safety device, which would have prevented billions of dollars in harm to others. They chose not to bear this expense – shifting the risks and costs to others – and the government let them get away with it.

This same trickle-down government also allows our elected representatives in the House and Senate, and our federal employees in regulatory agencies – both of whom are supposed to be working for us and protecting our interests – to cash in with cushy jobs with industry as soon as they leave office, as clear a conflict of interest as if they had been on the corporate payroll all along.

Don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against corporations or oil companies. Like so many of us, I have made my living for the past forty years involved with corporations in one way or another, and I drive a car. I just don’t want corporations and oil companies writing our laws and running our government.

But letting corporate money rule our public affairs is just the inevitable consequence of failed trickle-down thinking. And the incumbent Republican and Democrat parties who collaborate with trickle-down rule – and depend on it for their campaign funding and personal gain – will never break this grip.

We need a revolution – a peaceful, benevolent, optimistic revolt – not against any person or class, but against the failed trickle-down ideology and the two-money-parties who brought it to us and keep this Frankenstein monster alive and kicking and ruining our economic and political and spiritual life.

If any candidate for any federal office asks you for your money, your vote, or support – ask them what they plan to do to free our great nation from the failed legacy of trickle-down economics. Chances are they won’t have a clue what you mean. Naming the problem is the first step toward a solution.

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.jpg