Signature Gathering for Bill Scheurer for Congress

Jean paskalides

Aug 13, 2009, 8:04:59 PM8/13/09
to campaign...@googlegroups.com, FreeTheD...@googlegroups.com, FreeThe...@googlegroups.com

Friends,

As you have surely heard, Bill Scheurer will be the Green Party candidate for Congress in Illinois 8th district. Luckily, we don't have to gather 14,000 signatures this time!

I am coordinating the petition drive and need at least 10 volunteers to gather 40 signatures a piece by October first. This will insure that after the opposition makes their challenges, we will still have the requisite number of good signatures to get on the November 2010 ballot.

There is another petition for the state wide Green candidates that we would like you to help with also, but that is optional.

We probably all have at least 10 quick signatures we can get, but we need you to do a train station or ball game or farmers market or two and let folks know they have the opportunity to provide the voters a real choice in 2010.

We want to get started right away and complete the gathering as soon as possible. That way we can concentrate on the campaign with one task off the list.

Let me know if you can help and I will send you the tips and tricks. Please let me know when and where you plan to collect signatures and we will see if we can get you a buddy. It is easier to talk to folks when you have a comrade.

Some good signature gathering opportunities coming up:

Gurnee Days - This year Gurnee Days will be held August 13-16, 2009, and most of the events take place in the Village Center (Viking Park, Peterson Park, Library, Viking School, and the Police and Fire Stations).

Grayslake - Summer Days & Lake County Music Festival

Date: August 21, 2009 - August 23, 2009

Family music festival with activities for the entire family. Music, carnival games, food vendors, business booth area.

Bike and Pet Parade - 12 noon Saturday (line-up on Slusser Street begins at 10 am)

Hainesville Fest 2009

Our date will be August 29th from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.  We are again hoping for volunteers to help out.  If you would like to help or have any ideas, please contact the Village Hall at 847-223-2032.

Fox Lake Sunday, August 23, 2009

Time: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM

"Rally By The Lake III" is the annual Motorcycle Rally in Fox Lake, Illinois.  The Rally is sponsored by The Fox Lake Area Chamber and is held at Lakefront Park. Join us as we kick-off the event with our Bike Parade at 10 am.  The parade will line up at Jimmy V’s Sports Bar & Grill, 816 E Grand Avenue in Ingleside.  The American Legion Riders, Post #703, will start the parade from Jimmy V’s and ride through Ingleside and Fox Lake and end at Lakefront Park.

Village of Round Lake Home Town Fest

Date: August 22, 2009
Time: 11:30 PM - 08:00 PM

In the field at Goodnow 7 Avilon on Rte 134

I am looking forward to mixing it up again this campaign season with my political buddies!

Please give us your help, and thanks for all your support.

Jean

Scheurer, Bill (8).pdf