Open Letter To Responsible Republicans

Rising Tide Campaign

Oct 26, 2010, 11:45:21 AM10/26/10
to Campaign Committee, FreeTheDemocrats. com, FreeTheStudents

green.jpgRising Tide Campaign

Bill Scheurer for Congress

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                            Contact:  Bill Scheurer, Candidate

October 26, 2010                                                                Scheur...@comcast.net

                                                                                                  847-245-1421 | 847-370-3411

Open Letter To Responsible Republicans

CHICAGO, IL--Some of you are concerned that your party is being taken over by people with irresponsible extremes in ideology and rhetoric that are damaging not only to your party but also to your country.

This leaves you with an unpleasant dilemma. You do not want to vote for the Democratic incumbent. Yet you do not feel right about voting for the Republican challenger either. You do have another choice.

You can vote for me Bill Scheurer the independent Green Party candidate this year. Ask yourself this, would you prefer:

  • a responsible deficit hawk who is seriously committed to balanced budgets
  • a rational conservative who believes in limited government not as a narrow ideology but as a practical observation that markets work better than government for most of our needs
  • a clear-eyed pragmatist who supports choice and competition in public education
  • a moderate pro-life candidate who values the life of the mother as well as the unborn child
  • a strong supporter of the rights of responsible gun owners
  • a principled foreign policy advocate who has consistently opposed military intervention and nation building around the globe and calls for the primary duty stations of our troops to be in this country protecting our own airspace, borders, and coasts
  • a person of independent judgment who recognizes that uncontrolled immigration and imbalanced trade are twin-track failures that undermine the base of our economy

... over extreme ideologues whose budget ideas don’t add up and whose rhetoric doesn’t go very far toward actually solving the problems and meeting the challenges and opportunities we face?

The choice is yours. Thank goodness for all the people that worked so hard to bring you this choice.

If you are really afraid that voting for me might cause the Democratic incumbent to win and that is more troubling to you than the direction your party is taking, I have a suggestion.

Find a “Disappointed Democrat” among your friends and agree to swap votes. They vote for me, and you vote for me. That way it comes out a wash. If you don’t have any Democrat friends, then go out and find some! That is part of the problem. We have to start talking to each other again.

###

image001.jpg
image003.jpg