GOP Candidate's Shocking Confession: "I Can't Add!"

Rising Tide Campaign

Aug 27, 2010, 2:14:47 PM8/27/10
to Campaign Committee, FreeTheDemocrats. com, FreeThePeople, FreeTheStudents

green.jpgRising Tide Campaign

Bill Scheurer for Congress

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                            Contact:  Bill Scheurer, Candidate

August 27, 2010                                                                   Scheur...@comcast.net

                                                                                                   847-245-1421 (h) | 847-370-3411 (m)

GOP Candidate’s Shocking Confession: “I Can’t Add!”

http://i.dailyherald.com/stories/306/normal/306175.jpgCHICAGO, IL--In a recent Daily Herald article on how the three candidates for U.S. Congress in the IL-8TH District propose to address our massive federal budget deficits, Republican candidate Joe Walsh made the shocking confession that like most politicians he cannot add.

Registering strong disagreement with independent third-party candidate Bill Scheurer’s position that major cuts in military spending are a necessary part of ending the massive federal budget deficits, Walsh said “both major parties agree that military spending cannot be significantly reduced.”

"Both parties recognize the need for a strong defense," Walsh said. "When it comes to defending our country, we want our country to do what it has to do no matter the cost. The economics of those decisions should never be on the table."

After declaring that the 67% of our deficit that we spend on the military cannot be cut, Walsh went on to repeat the other half of the Republican mantra that lower taxes are the way to balance the budget. “Only by government getting out of the way with its taxes and regulations can business and industry begin rebuilding the economy and getting Americans back to work,” Walsh said.

Compounding his unfortunate lack of knowledge of basic math and economics, sadly Walsh seems to have an equal deficit when it comes to history. This same formula of unlimited military spending and elimination of taxes under the Republican administrations of Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush exploded our national debt to 12X what it was in 1980, from $1 - 12 trillion in less than 20 years.

According to Scheurer, this amounts to a shocking admission of what he has been saying all along – Republicans (which in Scheurer’s view include the incumbent Democrat Melissa Bean who votes like a Republican, in addition to Walsh) are “mathematically challenged” when it comes to budgets.

“The Democrat and Republican both want to keep runaway military spending without limit, and cut taxes on the top 2% of incomes (and of course, have no taxes on capital gains, estates, etc.) -- and want us to believe they offer credible ideas on our massive deficit,” Scheurer says. “This proves that politicians and the federal government should not be involved in education -- they can't add!”

image001.jpg
image003.jpg
image005.jpg
image006.jpg