Open Letter To Disappointed Democrats

Rising Tide Campaign

Oct 26, 2010, 11:45:29 AM10/26/10
to Campaign Committee, FreeTheDemocrats. com, FreeTheStudents

green.jpgRising Tide Campaign

Bill Scheurer for Congress

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                            Contact:  Bill Scheurer, Candidate

October 26, 2010                                                                Scheur...@comcast.net

                                                                                                  847-245-1421 | 847-370-3411

Open Letter To Disappointed Democrats

CHICAGO, IL--Some of you are concerned that your party has blown the opportunity of a lifetime to bring our country together around a progressive agenda to counterbalance the last 30 years.

You recognize that your party has failed to boldly define and establish a new “middle” and instead has continued the corrosive shift toward a money-and-special-interest-based system of politics.

This leaves you with an unpleasant choice. You do not feel good about voting for the Democratic incumbent who clearly is part of this problem. Yet there is no way you could ever vote for the Republican challenger either. Fortunately, you do have a third alternative.

You can vote for me Bill Scheurer the independent Green Party candidate this year. Ask yourself this, would you prefer:

  • a pragmatic progressive who wants to put work on an equal footing with wealth and understands that you cannot have a healthy economy without a broad base
  • a person with the sound judgment to recognize that our uncontrolled immigration and imbalanced trade are twin-track failures that undermine the base of our economy
  • a bold champion for a voluntary “Medicare Part E for Everyone” in our healthcare plan
  • a firm supporter of equal protection of the law and civil rights for all our citizens
  • a principled foreign policy advocate who has consistently opposed military intervention and nation building around the globe and calls for the primary duty stations of our troops to be in this country protecting our own airspace, borders, and coasts
  • a strong proponent for upgrading to a “Democracy 3.0” system of free and open elections

... over a disappointing incumbent who has held us back from where our country needs to go?

The choice is yours. Thank goodness for all the people that worked so hard to bring you this choice.

If you are really afraid that voting for me might possibly cause the Republican challenger to win and that prospect is more troubling to you than the disappointing record of the incumbent, I have a suggestion.

Find a “Responsible Republican” among your friends and agree to swap votes. They vote for me, and you vote for me. That way it comes out a wash. If you don’t have any Republican friends, then go out and find some! That is part of the opportunity. We need to start talking to each other again.

###

image001.jpg
image003.jpg