Anyone still out there

Dave Menninger

Jul 8, 2009, 3:34:26 PM7/8/09
to Free Geek Cincinnati
Anyone,

I'm strongly considering reviving this project. I'm wondering if
anyone is still out there. Please reply to this message if you are
still interested in Free Geek Cincinnati.

I will post again soon with more details.

~Dave

Dave Menninger

Jul 13, 2009, 4:59:00 PM7/13/09
to Free Geek Cincinnati
Here is the starting point for my planning activities:

http://wiki.freegeek.org/index.php/How_to_Start_a_Free_Geek

and

http://wiki.freegeek.org/index.php/Applicant_Path%2C_Part_1

I've signed up for the start-up mailing at

http://www.freegeek.org/about/intergalactic/startup-list-signup/

I am in the middle of forming another organization that has affiliated
goals and would likely share a number of resources inlcuding members:
http://wiki.hive13.org/

~Dave

Dave Menninger

Jul 13, 2009, 6:05:08 PM7/13/09
to Free Geek Cincinnati
Related (nearby) organizations:

Free Geek Columbus http://freegeekcolumbus.org/

I was somewhat involved with the beginning of FGCMH and am still
friends with several of the folks that run it.

Hive13 http://wiki.hive13.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

I am very involved in Hive13 which is a brand new hackerspace in
Cincinnati. We have several members that are interested in the Free
Geek idea and we also have a space where Free Geek could theoretically
meet and/or work. We also have a steady stream of donated equipment
that will need to go somewhere.

CLUG http://clug.org/

Cincinnati Linux Users Group. Haven't been to a meeting in a while,
but it's another potential ally.

Other computer recyclers:

http://www.cincinnaticomputercooperative.org/
http://www.crayons2computers.org/
http://www.fullcirclegroup.org/

Although there are many similar groups, I don't think there are any
that fill the exact niche that a Free Geek would.

~Dave

christian

Jul 14, 2009, 8:55:16 AM7/14/09
to Free Geek Cincinnati
I am very interested in helping with a project like this. Let me know
what I can do.

Thanks!
Christian