Location Suggestions

dave.me...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2006, 6:40:20 PM11/19/06
to Free Geek Cincinnati
Before we can really get to work, we have to have a place where we can
work. There is a wide range of types of spaces that we could
potentially work in. The key for right now is finding a place that is
free or very cheap. It might be nice to have a place to meet for just
discussion meetings, like CLUG's. For this we could meet at the
library or a coffee shop or someone's house. Just about anywhere.

Beyond people meeting together, we will have these space requirements:
* storing hardware
* sorting hardware
* refurbishing hardware
* electricity, internet

Ideas for finding space: using someone's basement or garage, finding an
organization to "adopt" us and give us a home, using the warehouse
where I work at.

Anybody know of search strategies for this type of thing?

Bill Amberg

Nov 22, 2006, 9:15:38 PM11/22/06
to Free Geek Cincinnati
In the beginning, while we're small, our discussion meeting places are
a little more flexible. We can pretty much show up anywhere if it's
just a couple of us. Lookout Joe's is a coffee shop in Mt. Lookout
square. It has wifi and some couches but can get pretty crowded.
That's the only coffee shop I know of with wifi that's close by. I'm
in Oakley. Got a particular spot in mind?

We can use my basement for some storage in the beginning...although it
can get damp down there. We could probably work at my house too to get
the ball rolling but it's not ideal. I was hoping that through the
networking nature of something like free geek we'd eventually get
someone in the group that had a place for us to work. I'm sure this
will be an ongoing effort.