[Free Geek Cincinnati] Next Actions

Dave Menninger

Jul 21, 2009, 9:23:16 AM7/21/09
to Free Geek Cincinnati
I'm trying to brainstorm where we need to go next.

1) Should I set up a wiki? I currently own hereincincinnati.net and
could put one up at freegeek.hereincincinnati.net or somthing like
that. I don't think we should register a free geek domain yet.
Another option would be to use some hosted wiki like wikispaces, or
wikia. Or we could just use the functionality of this Google Group
itself.

2) Goals/Progress I'm thinking maybe we should write up a quick
summary of what we want to accomplish, so that we can see how far
along we are. For example:

Goal - Collect used technology, prevent it from going in the
wastestream
Progress - we can collect PCs and store them at Hive13 for starters
until we are on our own.

Goal - Open Computer Lab
Progress - we need a suitable space, furniture, a number of PCs, lab
times with volunteers

Goal - Recycle Unusable Equipment
Progress - we need to find a reputable local recycler that will
guarantee environmentally friendly recycling practices

Etc...

3) Would it be useful at this point to meet up in person and chat?
(Those of us at the library could maybe have lunch together one day?)

Let me know your thoughts...

~Dave

christian

Jul 26, 2009, 10:43:10 PM7/26/09
to Free Geek Cincinnati
I think GGroups will serve our purposes nicely until we get something
established.

I happy to meet with yall to discuss next actions.