HS Student Reassignment; uh oh.

Jacob Michaels

Oct 12, 2010, 3:32:28 PM10/12/10
to Franklin community forum on HS redesign
http://www.pps.k12.or.us/files/high-school-system/Closure_Forms_from_10-12-10_Final_Board_Book.pdf

Check out page 4 under student reassignment heading:

Marshall "Student Reassignment:
School Names: Franklin High School and Madison High School;
potentially Cleveland High
School for incoming freshmen."

I guess this makes sense for present Marshall students, as Cleveland
is now at 1600. That "potentially" worries me.

Also, I am hearing persistent rumors, and directly from one frosh
Cleveland parent, that Franklin turned away Marshall kids THIS year.
One Marshall area frosh kid now on the Cleveland cross country team
applied to attend Franklin and was denied. Went to Cleveland as his
2nd choice. How can this be?

Jacob