John's Celebration of Life is today

Emilio Rivera

Jul 22, 2017, 12:11:19 PM7/22/17
to Four Corners Stargazers
Just figured I'd send out one last reminder for those of you that were interested:

John's celebration of life is scheduled for 5-8PM today! It's going to be at the Alano Club (Cowboy Church) at 2601 Junction across from Miller. Jeff, Roger, and I will be there, and we hope to see some of you.

-Emilio

Micki Killoran

Jul 22, 2017, 12:55:35 PM7/22/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
If I were not 500 miles away I'd be there.  I am so sorry to miss this.  John was a wonderful person, and a great mentor.  He will be truly missed.  I'm still in shock.

Micki

Rick Van Wagenen

Kate Kearns

Jul 23, 2017, 10:20:57 PM7/23/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
So very sad to hear of John's passing. He did several star parties in Mancos for the library and his enthusiasim was contagious. He was very generous with his time and knowledge. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family.

Kate Kearns
Teacher
Mancos Early Learning Center

Bill Fellman

Jul 23, 2017, 10:38:09 PM7/23/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
Us likewise. We were torn not being able to make it, but had prior obligations in Denver. We'll celebrate John every time we set up the telescope though.

Bill