Last Events of the Season

Emilio Rivera

Sep 18, 2017, 12:44:00 AM9/18/17
to Four Corners Stargazers
Hey Stargazers,

We just had an amazing event at Mesa Verde with a huge crowd of approx 230. It wouldn't have been possible without all the help we got, so thanks everybody!

Just wanted to let you all know that the last few events of the season are coming up! Chimney Rock has said they're expecting a large crowd of middle schoolers, and they need telescope help, so first event is this Friday (22nd) at Chimney Rock.

For those of you that don't bring scopes, there's the Fall Astronomy Festival at Chaco Canyon from Friday through Sunday.

John also scheduled an Andrews Lake event on Saturday, but we weren't sure how much interest there was. Let us know if that's something any of you are interested in, otherwise people might not show up. It could possibly be moved to Lemon as well.

-Emilio

Emilio Rivera

Sep 20, 2017, 2:45:58 PM9/20/17
to Four Corners Stargazers
Due to no response and little interest, the Andrews Lake event is cancelled. Please try to make it to Chimney Rock if you can, and Chaco Canyon will be having their festival this weekend as well.

-Emilio

Stephen Lewis

Sep 22, 2017, 1:10:13 AM9/22/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
I got a call from Jerry from the other astronomy club, he said he doubted the event would take place tomorrow at CR, due to weather.  He said the gate opens at 5, the # is 883-5359; we should call that # before going over there.  I can't make it, I'm on call.  Thanks.

Steve

jeff

Sep 22, 2017, 2:38:59 AM9/22/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
I won't go if the weather looks questionable, either.

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to four-corners-star...@googlegroups.com.

Emilio Rivera

Sep 22, 2017, 11:50:18 AM9/22/17
to Four Corners Stargazers
Yeah guys, don't bother with the event tonight. This weather pattern looks like it's going to last until Sunday. If it does manage to clear up a bit tonight, they'd probably only do their talk which we aren't needed for.

-Emilio