Fwd: Seeking Participants for Fall Star Party at Mesa Verde

Charles L Hakes

Sep 14, 2019, 10:21:47 AM9/14/19
to Four-Corners-Stargazers
Maybe this can start some activity in the group?

Also, my column came out this morning - here it is if you don’t get the print version.

regards,
Charlie

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Blumenthal, Julia" <julia_bl...@nps.gov>
Subject: Seeking Participants for Fall Star Party at Mesa Verde
Date: September 13, 2019 at 1:32:01 PM MDT
To: Charles L Hakes <hak...@fortlewis.edu>, Jennifer Frost <jcf...@blm.gov>, Kayla Lanoue <kayla_...@nps.gov>, Cindy Cooperider <cindy_co...@nps.gov>, Sierra Coon <sierr...@nps.gov>, GB Cornucopia <g_b_cor...@nps.gov>, Danielle Long <dani...@nps.gov>, Christopher Scheid <christoph...@nps.gov>, Carly Scheid <carly_...@nps.gov>, "Hatfield, Nathan" <nathan_...@nps.gov>

Hello Night Sky Enthusiasts,

We are once again hosting a Fall Star Party at Mesa Verde National Park; this year it is scheduled for Saturday, October 5th. Not an "ideal" night sky due to the first quarter moon, but it's what worked from a scheduling standpoint!

We are looking for additional telescopes/operators, and would welcome any and all participants! Please let us know if you are interested so we can finalize arrangements, and feel free to notify other astronomers who may be interested. We ask that each scope operator (non-Mesa Verde staff) sign up as a Volunteer, and we can provide campsites for anyone in need.

Keep in touch,

Jill Blumenthal
Education Coordinator and Volunteer Program Manager
Mesa Verde National Park
Yucca House National Monument
(970) 529-5079 for school group reservations