4CSG Event Calendar?

Steve Schacht

Jun 29, 2017, 7:47:18 PM6/29/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, astro enthusiasts!

I haven't been following the discussion too closely as of late, but I was wondering if there is an official calendar of events for this group - even if the dates are just tentative.

Thanks much,

-Steve

Martin Smith

Jun 29, 2017, 8:19:46 PM6/29/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
Just letting everyone know I have been extremely busy and I apologize for not talking. ;). I will respond if I can make any of these events, please don't throw me out of the loop.

Safe Sailing

~Martin

John Buting

Jun 29, 2017, 11:22:40 PM6/29/17
to sho...@gmail.com, four-corner...@googlegroups.com
Yes Steve--we have our own website www.FourCornersAstronomy.org with a full calendar of events. So far, we have assisted at TWO spectacular events at Chimney Rock in May and June, and hosted perhaps the DARKEST night we've ever experienced at nearly 11K Andrews Lake near Molas Pass last Saturday. Of course, EVERY NIGHT up there is TRULY world-class DARK, DARK!

We also have a FB page under the same title where people weigh-in on our promoted events. Emilio Rivera is our calendar manager and by this mail I am asking him to add two final events to our calendar in Sept. The 16th at Morefield CG in Mesa Verde NP (we drew 300 ppl for this event and will need MAX help from everyone there this year!!) and a season finale at Andrews Lake again on Sept 23. Slight chance these might be reversed as still waiting for OFFICIAL, OFFICIAL confirmation from MV (NPS tends to move VERY SLOWLY), but we'll be at one place or the other both those nights.

We also do a number of informal outings at Lemon Lake  and a few other local venues. You pretty much need to be a regular to get notice of these since they are often VERY impromptu, last-minute and created via a few text messages or FCSG GG notes.

Hope to see you soon--our next official event is Chimney Rock July 22 if not monsooning. MANY/MOST of us will be elsewhere during August's New Moon to witness the FIRST Total Solar Eclipse in US since 1979.

Looking forward to seeing you again too Martin, wondered about you aloud at AL.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Steve Schacht
Greetings, astro enthusiasts!

I haven't been following the discussion too closely as of late, but I was wondering if there is an official calendar of events for this group - even if the dates are just tentative.

Thanks much,

-Steve

R06caddy

Jun 29, 2017, 11:58:40 PM6/29/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com

Chimney rock I believe is July 21???

John Buting

Jun 30, 2017, 12:39:14 AM6/30/17
to r06c...@gmail.com, four-corner...@googlegroups.com
CORRECT and thanks Bob. CRNM always on Friday nights!

Emilio Rivera

Jul 1, 2017, 1:41:03 PM7/1/17
to Four Corners Stargazers
As John said, I list all the public events on Four Corners Astronomy's website and Facebook page. The direct link to the calendar is: http://site.fourcornersastronomy.org/events

-Emilio

Steve Krest

Jul 3, 2017, 4:45:57 PM7/3/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
Folks,
I have an 8" DHQ Discovery Dobsonian Reflector Telescope FL 1422mm 1/7, with various focal lenses that I would like to pass on to someone who would use it.
I can be contacted at:
588-3806 or
Steve Krest
Marvel, CO.

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Emilio Rivera <emilio...@live.com> wrote:
As John said, I list all the public events on Four Corners Astronomy's website and Facebook page. The direct link to the calendar is: http://site.fourcornersastronomy.org/events

-Emilio

Micki Killoran

Steve Krest

Jul 4, 2017, 2:30:04 PM7/4/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
The 8" DHQ has been taken.
Happy 4th to everyone.
Steve Krest

John Buting

Jul 5, 2017, 12:47:35 AM7/5/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
Have you been to any of our events Steve? Sold scope or not, I think you would be blown away by some of our venues and the optical instruments at work showing off our dark sky treasures here in the mountains and arid ruins of SW CO.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/ group/four-corners-stargazers.

Steve Krest

Jul 5, 2017, 10:46:19 AM7/5/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the invite John, but I now have sight issues that preclude viewing through a lens.
My best to all you far sighed folks.