Upcoming Events and another Mesa Verde Event

1 view

Emilio Rivera

Nov 5, 2017, 12:25:38 PM11/5/17
to Four Corners Stargazers
Hey Stargazers,

I just wanted to let you guys know that we've got two events coming up. Not too many details yet, but I figured I'd share a rough idea and hopefully find out if anybody can make it.

First, we've been thinking about setting up scopes near town for the fireworks next weekend. We'd probably be up somewhere around FLC. Still tentative, but anybody interested in doing this?

Next, the annual SJC Luminaria show is in Farmington. The flow of people there is always huge and requires a few scope operators. I'll talk with David, but you can probably use a school telescope if you don't want to bring yours. This event will be Saturday, December 2.

Finally, we've been requested at Mesa Verde NP again for their luminaria show on Thursday, December 14th. We'd have to be there before 4:00 to set up, and it will be a site much deeper in the park.

I'll share more details when I get them, but does anybody have an idea if they can make any of these events? I know its going to be pretty cold for being outside at night, but there are lots of great winter objects to see.

Clear skies,
Emilio