Mesa Verde on the 16th is ON

Emilio Rivera

Sep 5, 2017, 12:38:13 AM9/5/17
to Four Corners Stargazers
Hey Stargazers,

Charlie and I just met at Mesa Verde to discuss the status of the event at Mesa Verde this month, and it looks like we're good to go.

The event will start around 8:00 (volunteers much earlier) at Morefield amphitheater on Saturday the 16th. I'll share the public information when it becomes available.

The main reason I'm sending this email is that things have been up in the air for a while, and we aren't sure how many of you can make it now. It's going to be best to have as many scope operators there as possible in case the crowd is as big or bigger than last time.

In light of this, I'm going to need some information from anybody that wishes to help.

Please send me a private email ASAP with the following:
  1. cellphone number
  2. telescope information
  3. if you might be interested in or need camping accommodations
  4. any timing concerns
  5. any other concerns/suggestions
Remember that any response to this email group will be publicly available online, so just use my email address to contact me directly. I'll send you the volunteer information you'll need directly when we work it all out.

I think this will be a great event, so I'd like to see some of you there.

-Emilio

Charles L Hakes

Sep 5, 2017, 8:47:26 AM9/5/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please be careful about information you want to keep private, but I also STRONGLY encourage any group member who is going to at least let us know publicly that you can make it by replying here so we can all know a little of what to expect.

Charlie

Micki Killoran

Sep 5, 2017, 11:12:23 AM9/5/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
I plan to be there with my 8" SCT.  Details in the reply to Emilio.

Micki

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Charles L Hakes <hak...@gobrainstorm.net> wrote:
Yes, please be careful about information you want to keep private, but I also STRONGLY encourage any group member who is going to at least let us know publicly that you can make it by replying here so we can all know a little of what to expect.

Charlie

> On Sep 4, 2017, at 10:38 PM, Emilio Rivera <emilio...@live.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Stargazers,
>
> Charlie and I just met at Mesa Verde to discuss the status of the event at Mesa Verde this month, and it looks like we're good to go.
>
> The event will start around 8:00 (volunteers much earlier) at Morefield amphitheater on Saturday the 16th. I'll share the public information when it becomes available.
>
> The main reason I'm sending this email is that things have been up in the air for a while, and we aren't sure how many of you can make it now. It's going to be best to have as many scope operators there as possible in case the crowd is as big or bigger than last time.
>
> In light of this, I'm going to need some information from anybody that wishes to help.
>
> Please send me a private email ASAP with the following:
>       • cellphone number
>       • telescope information
>       • if you might be interested in or need camping accommodations
>       • any timing concerns
>       • any other concerns/suggestions
> Remember that any response to this email group will be publicly available online, so just use my email address to contact me directly. I'll send you the volunteer information you'll need directly when we work it all out.
>
> I think this will be a great event, so I'd like to see some of you there.
>
> -Emilio

Stephen Lewis

Sep 6, 2017, 1:03:24 AM9/6/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
I will be there with my 8" SCT on a working mount.  Thanks.

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/four-corners-stargazers.

Emilio Rivera

Sep 6, 2017, 12:26:02 PM9/6/17
to Four Corners Stargazers
Good to hear Steve. Make sure you send me the email so that I can get you the information you need and have you on the list.

So far, we've got Charlie, Jeff, Micki, Steve, and me. Martin, are you still planning to come? Anybody else?

-Emilio

Martin Smith

Sep 6, 2017, 10:59:04 PM9/6/17
to four-corner...@googlegroups.com
Yes

9707991015. celestron evolution 8inch. dont think ill be camping. will be there early.

-Emilio

Safe Sailing

~Martin