The Constitution...a different perspective.

c...@netside.net

Jul 31, 2005, 12:20:11 PM7/31/05
to Florida Homestead Exemption
The Constitution...

... is locked away in vacuum tight box, out of direct sunlight and
guarded 24 hours, 7 days a week.

It's a historical document preserved with the best technology we have
at our disposal. But the Constitution is more than just a piece of
paper. It's an idea that blossomed in the late 18th century among the
best minds of our fledgling nation. It was the experiment of self rule
that the philosophers and dream makers of that time devised to achieve
the most just, free society the world could ever imagine. The
Constitution works because the people adhere to it. It's a symbol of
unity because when it is allowed to work, everyone gets a fair shake.
In short, the Constitution is the heart of the American Dream.

But when leaders lie, when a corrupt lawyer led government disrupts the
very spirit of checks and balances for personal power and attacks the
other branches of the government as "activist" and being "out of synch
with the mainstream," then it doesn't matter how well we protect the
Constitution, it just becomes a worthless piece of old parchment paper.

When the people in power no longer heed the Constitution or respect the
ideas embodied in it, when they blatantly lie about precepts for war,
when they fabricate and change "scientific studies" for the sake of
their lobbyists, when that group can only scream about "un-american
activities" and "un-patriotic" adversaries...then the only conclusion a
sane individual can come up with is the following-

That group is an enemy of the Constitution. That group is killing the
American Dream. That group has forsaken any vestige of morality it
claims to uphold and if allowed to continue in their path of lies and
deceit, it will spell the end of the republic. I've watched the
politics of a dying republic all my life, and I've wondered why we, as
a collective people are allowing it to happen. How can people be so
blind to the truth of this group? And I've come to the conclusion that
most people just want to bring home a paycheck, feed their family and
the realm of politics is what it always has been... a playground for
the rich.

The worst enemy of the republic has always been from within; with self
rule comes the threat of state suicide. This Congress of lawyers has
been blood letting America just as those surgeons in the late 18th
century bled George Washington to death. The surgeons thought they were
helping the president. This Congress...I can't say for sure, but I'd
suspect they only believe in helping themself at the expense of the
republic and nearly 250 years of democratic self rule.

The fix? Don't vote lawyers into public office at any level.