HOSPITAL BILL to Collections

labt...@yahoo.com

Jan 12, 2006, 11:05:47 PM1/12/06
to Florida Homestead Exemption
I HAVE A HOSPITAL BILL OF $5000.00 I never answered them maybe because
of my ignorance but it went to collections it has been about 2years,my
father wan'ts to put a condo in my name which I am living in now in
South Florida,can the collection agency put a lean on the condo if it
is tranfered to my name because of the hospital bill?please help
thankyou much.

myhom...@bellsouth.net

Jan 13, 2006, 9:28:17 AM1/13/06
to Florida Homestead Exemption
Dear LabTechInc,

No the lien cannot be a lien on the condo if it is your homestead. You
must have homestead protection for protection of creditors, seperate
and apart from the homestead tax exemption. Read more at
http://www.floridahomesteadservices.com