SGGTC this Friday: Guangbo Xu

Oleg Lazarev

Sep 5, 2019, 2:33:45 PM9/5/19
to fl...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

This Friday Guangbo Xu from Texas  A&M will give the first talk of the year at 1:00 pm in Math 407. We will not meet for lunch since the department welcome back lunch is at 12:00 pm in the lounge.

Best,
Oleg

Guangbo Xu: Anti-Self-Dual equation over certain noncompact 4-manifolds and the SO(3) Atiyah--Floer conjecture

Abstract: Consider the anti-self-dual equation over the product of the real line and a three-manifold with cylindrical end, with gauge group being SO(3). I will explain the proof of a Gromov--Uhlenbeck type compactness result for this equation. This is the first step towards constructing a natural bounding cochain for the symplectic side of the SO(3) Atiyah--Floer conjecture.