SGGTC this Friday: Xin Jin and Søren Galatius

Oleg Lazarev

Mar 3, 2020, 6:48:49 PM3/3/20
to fl...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

This Friday  Xin Jin from Boston College will give a talk at 10:30 in Math 520. Søren Galatius from  University of Copenhagen will give a talk at 1:00 in Math 417. We will meet at 11:35 in the lobby and go out for lunch.

Best,
Oleg

Xin Jin: Homological mirror symmetry for the universal centralizers

Abstract: I will present work in progress on the homological mirror symmetry for the universal centralizer J_G associated to a complex semisimple Lie group G. The A-side is a partially wrapped Fukaya category on J_G, and the B-side is the category of coherent sheaves on the categorical quotient of the dual maximal torus by the Weyl group action (with some modification if G is not of adjoint type).

Søren Galatius: Symplectic K-theory of the integers, and an action of Aut(C)

Abstract: The integral symplectic group Sp2g(Z) is the subgroup of GL2g(Z) consisting of automorphisms of Z^{2g} which preserve the standard symplectic form. I will recall the definitions of algebraic K_*(Z) and symplectic K-theory KSp∗(Z) from these matrix groups, and review what is known about these important invariants. I will then explain a natural action of the group of automorphisms of the field of complex numbers on KSP*(Z) after completing at a prime p. The main result is a characterization of this action by a universal property. Joint work with Tony Feng and Akshay Venkatesh.