SGGTC this Friday: Xiao Zheng and Paolo Ghiggini

Oleg Lazarev

Oct 9, 2019, 9:28:16 PM10/9/19
to fl...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

This Friday we have two speakers. Xiao Zheng from  Boston University will give a talk at 10:30 am in Math 520.  Paolo Ghiggini from Nantes will give a talk at 1:00 pm in Math 407. We will meet at 11:35 in the lobby and go out for lunch.

Best,
Oleg

 Xiao Zheng: Disc potentials of equivariant Lagrangian Floer theory

Abstract: In this talk, I will introduce an equivariant mirror construction using a Morse model of equivariant Lagrangian Floer theory, formulated in a joint work with Kim and Lau. In case of semi-Fano toric manifold, our construction recovers the T-equivariant Landau-Ginzburg mirror found by Givental. For toric Calabi-Yau manifold, the equivariant disc potentials of certain immersed Lagrangians are closely related to the open Gromov-Witten invaraints of Aganagic-Vafa branes, which were studied by Katz-Liu, Graber-Zaslow, Fang-Liu-Zong and many others using localization techniques. The later result is a work in progress joint with Hong, Kim and Lau.

Paolo Ghiggini: Liouville nonfillability of \mathbb{RP}^5

Abstract: I will prove that \mathbb{RP}^5 with its standard contact structure is not the boundary of a Liouville manifold. The proof is inspired by McDuff's classification of fillings of \mathbb{RP}^3. This is a joint work with Klaus Niederkruger.