SGGTC this Friday: Florian Naef

Oleg Lazarev

Mar 12, 2020, 6:04:02 PM3/12/20
to fl...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I hope you are all well. This Friday Florian Naef from MIT will give a talk at 1:00 pm in Room 417. We will try to set up a video link of the talk to watch online.

Best, Oleg

---------------------------------------

Florian Naef: String topology and the configuration space of two points

Abstract: Given a manifold M, Chas and Sullivan construct a Lie bialgebra structure on the homology of the space of (unparametrized) loops using intresections and self-intersections of loops. We give an algebraic description of this structure under Chen's isomorphism identifying loop space homology with cyclic homology. More precisely, we construct a homotopy involutive Lie bialgebra structure on cyclic cochains that depends on the partition function of a Chern-Simons type field theory. Moreover, we discuss the (non-)homotopy invariance of that structure and its relation to the configuration space of two points. This is joint work with Thomas Willwacher.

Inbar Klang

Mar 12, 2020, 8:25:49 PM3/12/20
to fl...@googlegroups.com
We will leave for lunch at 11:30 from the entrance of the math building. You're welcome to join!

Mohammed Abouzaid

Mar 13, 2020, 12:39:24 PM3/13/20
to fl...@googlegroups.com
I have not had enough time to prepare a video link. I propose we simply meet in the usual room.

Best,

Mohammed

sent from a mobile device