SGGTC this Friday: Daniel Pomerleano and C.-M. Michael Wong

Oleg Lazarev

Apr 30, 2019, 4:22:26 PM4/30/19
to fl...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

This Friday we have two speakers. Daniel Pomerleano will give a talk at 10:30 am in Math 207 (note the different location). C.-M. Michael Wong from LSU will give a talk at 1:00 pm in Math 407. We will meet at 11:35 in the lobby and go out for lunch.

Best,
Oleg

Daniel Pomerleano: Intrinsic mirror symmetry via symplectic topology

Abstract: I will describe how one can construct a flat degeneration from the degree zero symplectic cohomology of a log Calabi-Yau variety X to a certain commutative ring defined combinatorially in terms of the dual intersection complex of a compactifying divisor. I will then explain how this result relates to recent constructions in mirror symmetry due to Gross-Hacking-Keel and Gross-Siebert.

C.-M. Michael Wong: Heegaard Floer homology and ribbon homology cobordisms

Abstract: Several very recent papers have shown that ribbon concordances of knots (or variants thereof) induce an injection on knot Floer homology and Khovanov homology. In this talk, we prove the closed analogue of the result on knot Floer homology: that Z/2-homology cobordisms without 3-handles, between rational-homology spheres, induce an injection on Heegaard Floer homology. This is joint work with Tye Lidman and David Shea Vela-Vick, and is inspired by an analogue in instanton Floer homology observed by Aliakbar Daemi.