Dance Club (at the Museum Club) -- Thursday, February 22

Charles Drost

Feb 21, 2018, 11:03:25 PM2/21/18

Hi everyone –

Back to the Museum Club this week (both Couples / Waltz, and Line Dance).  I was chided for not noting the class time in these emails, so to make that right -- Line Dance goes from 6 - 7 pm (details below), and the Couples class runs from 7:15 - 8:15, with open dancing after.  This is not a leap year (i.e. next Thursday will be into March), so this will be our last Waltz class of this session.  I'm sure that Sam has something dandy planned(!)

I don't have notes on what Sam taught last week -- hope somebody remembers (even Sam...)

Here is Annette's note on Line Dance for Thursday:

**     We will have Beginners line dance this Thursday 2-22 6-7:00  $3 at the Museum Club!

**     We learned a couple of new easy dances last week, so I will review them and some of the others

**     See you then and bring a friend!

**          Annette

Also note -- Gary and Carol are still teaching Rumba at 'The Peaks' on Wednesday nights this month (though it is too late for this week...).  Good recommendations in Gary's note (at the end of this email) about taking a break or just working on the parts you're comfortable with, if the dance lesson gets overwhelming -- this applies to any dance you're learning (and with Sam's Waltz class this week, it just might get a little intense...)

Hope to see you on the dance floor !

Couples Dance classes are 7:15 – 8:15 pm on Thursday evenings -- alternating at the Arizona Roadhouse and the Museum Club, in Flagstaff.  Membership is $25 for the year for the Couples classes, and with membership, the weekly classes are free; for non-members, classes are $3.  **First time for either class is free**  There are also Line Dance classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Questions? – reply to this email, or call Charles at 556-7187.

From Gary:

FEBRUARY will be RUMBA month every Wednesday.  A Latin dance with a beat similar to night club two step. To meet needs of both brand new dancers and those who have been dancing for a while, we’ll be teaching two classes, a beginning class and an advanced beginner/intermediate class. The first class--6:30 - 7:15--will move at a much slower pace appropriate for those who are new to this dance or who have never danced before at all. AT ANY TIME YOU SHOULD FEEL OVERWHELMED, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STOP OR JUST CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN PACE. The second class--7:15 - 8:15--will progress at a faster pace, based on the assumption that dancers have a level of comfort with the basic footwork of the dance. You are welcome to come to one or both of the classes, depending on your needs and interests.   COME AND HAVE FUN. Wed.at the PEAKS, 3150 N. Winding Brook Rd.  This year we're asking for a $2 donation per week to help the USA dance community bring top instructors to Flagstaff. Carol and Gary 928-853-6284