Dance Club – Thursday, October 26

Charles Drost

Oct 26, 2017, 12:30:00 AM10/26/17

Hi everyone –

Ran across the following quote this morning.  I'm not sure the person who said it is even a dancer (they were talking about preparation, and practice, and work habits generally, and just used this as an analogy...) -- but it underscores the importance of the basics in dance....

"All of the fancy footwork in the world won’t help us if we don’t spend the time learning the fundamentals of dancing."

Here is the summary:  Couples class (Waltz) at the Arizona Roadhouse tomorrow (Thursday), and Intro Line Dance class at Blendz (downtown) also tomorrow.

I heard Bill and Annette gave a good review class for Couples Waltz last week, working in particular on the Closed Serpentine (or Spirals, or Zig-zag, or whatever name works to help you remember it...).  Then they did "Flip-flops" (or Open Pass Across, or again -- whatever helps you remember...)

Gary and Carol gave a very nice Waltz class at The Peaks this evening.

We'll do a little review on Waltz tomorrow, then add on a couple of additional patterns...

....and here is the word on Line Dance (from Annette):

**      We will have Beginners class this Thursday 10-28 at Blendz downtown Aspen St. 6:15-7:15 $3

**      NO class November 2   I’m in CA!

**      They do have good snacks and drinks too!

**      Note: I need to have more come to this group to keep it going for next month and part of December. Please don’t assume others will be there if you’re not, thanks! J

**            Annette

Hope to see you on the dance floor !

Couples Dance classes are 7:15 – 8:15 pm on Thursday evening -- at least for the time being.  Location is moving around a little -- check the weekly email, or call...  Membership is $25 for the year for the Couples classes, and with membership, the Tuesday classes are free; for non-members, classes are $3.  **First time for either class is free**  There are also Line Dance classes on Tuesday and Thursday -- check with Annette Fallaha (email ann...@npgcable.com) on these classes.  Questions? – reply to this email, or call Charles at 556-7187.