Dance Club – Thursday, December 7

Charles Drost

Dec 7, 2017, 10:29:59 AM12/7/17

Hi everyone –

For the Couples class, we will be starting Cha-cha for the month of December (same time / place -- 7:15 at the Arizona Roadhouse).  We hope to have Sam Mackey up from Sedona to teach the class -- if the cold and wind don't scare him away....  Just a couple more Line Dance classes this year -- see Annette's note below about the details...

Quick review of our last East Coast Swing / Charleston class from last week:

Review from previous week:

**      Hammerlock to Wrap

**      Hammerlock to Dip (same motion as above, but put woman's R arm on your L shoulder, release R to put that hand behind her back for dip...)

**      Sliding Doors (start from R to R lead....)

Charleston -- footwork (starting with the L for the man, the R for the woman):

**      rock, step, kick-step (outside leg), kick, up, back, down (inside leg) –done to 8 counts of music

Line Dance classes, from Annette:

Intermediate:

**      2 more classes left for the year!

**      This Tuesday the 5th and the 12th @ Southside Tavern 6-7:30  $3

**      I will resume on January 9th 2018

Beginner / Basic:

**      1 last class for the year!

**      I only had 2 last week which isn’t enough for a class L

**      I will have to rethink what I will be doing for 2018 and let you know

**      Have a great Holiday and New Year!

**            Annette

Gary is also teaching Cha-cha at The Peaks on N. Highway 180 on Wednesday evenings.  As usual -- great way to double up on learning and practice!  See his note, below.  Also, the Ballroom group will be reviewing Cha-cha on Sunday evening at Canyon Dance (5 pm, I think...), with open dancing afterwards

Hope to see you on the dance floor !

Couples Dance classes are 7:15 – 8:15 pm on Thursday evening at the Arizona Roadhouse, 2136 N Fourth Street, in Flagstaff.  Membership is $25 for the year for the Couples classes, and with membership, the weekly classes are free; for non-members, classes are $3.  **First time for either class is free**  There are also Line Dance classes on Tuesday (Intermediate, at Southside Tavern, S. San Francisco Street) and Thursday (Beginners, at Blendz on Aspen Street).  Questions? – reply to this email, or call Charles at 556-7187.

From Gary (Cha-cha on Wednesday at The Peaks)

Tomorrow we'll start CHA CHA for December, A fun dance and now that it's cold--a good time to start dancing. Remember that moves in one dance usually carry over to others.

   To meet needs of both brand new dancers and those who have been dancing for a while, we’ll be teaching two classes, a beginning class and an advanced beginner/intermediate class. The first class--6:30 - 7:15--will move at a much slower pace appropriate for those who are new to this dance or who have never danced before at all. The second class--7:15 - 8:15--will progress at a faster pace, based on the assumption that dancers have a level of comfort with the basic footwork of the dance. You are welcome to come to one or both of the classes, depending on your needs and interests.   COME AND HAVE FUN. Wed.at the PEAKS, 3150 N. Winding Brook Rd.  This year we're asking for a $2 donation per week to help the USA dance community bring top instructors to Flagstaff. Carol and Gary 928-853-6284