Filtering tweets question

Cara Evans

Jul 22, 2022, 6:58:00 PM7/22/22
to FireAnt-Discussion
Hi,

Is there a way to filter tweets to not collect tweets that reply to other users? For example, I have collected @Tesco's tweets but they reply to a lot of customers, which I do not want to collect.

Thank you very much!

ALMUDENA DIAZ GARCIA

Jul 25, 2022, 5:10:52 AM7/25/22
to FireAnt-Discussion

Hello!
Maybe there is a better way of doing this but what I did to get rid of RTs is:
I added a text filter for RT (in caps and including a space after RT), and check words and case. This is to make sure that I don't leave out a tweet like: "SHORT". Then I will select OR option. This will give me all the RTs. However, I save this to a separate file and double check, just in case and if you want to be really thorough.
Then, to see the messages without the RTs, instead of the OR option, check the NOT. And this filter will output those messages without "RT ".
I hope this helps!
Best wishes,
Almudena