1394a Compliance Logo for ubCore 5.0

BruteForce

Sep 8, 2006, 5:11:58 AM9/8/06
to FireAPI
I am pleased to announce that we have successfully passed the 1394a
Compliance Logo Testing procedures and gained the 1394a Compliance Logo
for the device "Windows PC with FireBoard Blue and ubCore 5.0 1394
drivers".

We are currently in the process of form filling and license agreement
signing and pages faxing, etc. An official announcement will be made by
Unibrain as soon as this process is complete.

The 1394 Trade Association does not yet support the concept of testing
a software stack, so we had to make our stack part of a "device". So at
the same time we got our adapter certified hardware-wise and ubCore
protocol-wise. To the best of my knowledge, ubCore is the only 1394
stack to have gained the logo. I know for sure that currently both the
Microsoft and the Apple 1394 stacks do not implement various registers
that are required by the 1394a standard, registers whose functionality
is of course tested in the Base 1394 Test Suite.

The 1394b electrical tests are not ready yet, but as soon as they are
we will apply for the logo with our FireBoard800 adapters and ubCore.

Dimitris Staikos

BruteForce

Sep 24, 2006, 3:05:14 PM9/24/06
to FireAPI
It's official for some days now, but I forgot to post the link:

http://www.1394ta.org/About/products/compliant_products.html

Dimitris Staikos
Unibrain