YOUR WORK MY REWARD

Rufai Dalhatu

Aug 23, 2006, 12:21:24 PM8/23/06
to Ian masters, sue....@ng.britishcouncil.org, Rosi Cullen, filmmakers networknigeria

First of all i will like to extend my hands of appreciation to the almighty Allah (S. W. A) my creator. After him deffinately who else but one woman who is more than an entire generation of some human existance, A woman who went extra miles from discharging her duties as her organisations Director, to becoming a leaning shoulder to many of us, A bridge builder to many of us, An educator to many of us, and finaly a Mother to ME alone. Please help me give a round of Applause to my British Council Mother GILLIAN BELBEN . She worked very hard to see me mobile, when i was tied down to my sick bed and went on in providing me with a Wheel Chair. Her hard work led me back to my feet (My Reward).

                    Secondly, After the depature of our mother GILLIAN BELBEN ,  SUE MACE comes as a replacement with a unique sense and touch of Countinuity, as she didn't abandone the initiated project of her predicessor, but rather made sure that such projects are been exercuted. Mama SUE   you deserve more than just a hand shake, but rather a warm embrace.

            My list of appreciation can not be complete without  calling  ROLI MAJIYAGBE,    stood for us the "Gillian Belben REEL DIALOGUE participants" day in day out. As the Coordinator she has also gone extra miles into becoming more like a sister than jus a coordinator. Roli! Roli!! as the participants always shout out her name  I Say Thank You For being there for us and Me in particular. My Coleagues are also not left out names like Zia'ulhaq Sani, Grace Sokyes, Mustapha Adamu Indabawa, Iliyasu Kasimu, Bashir Sa'ad, Salisu Ahmad Koki, Zara'u Moh'd, Abel Benson, Fatimah S. Iliyasu and those that are not mentioned are list of people that i can't afford to forget as long as i live. Not forgetting my Brother Moh'd Nazifi who at one point became my Nurse. to you all i say  THANK YOU.

You will agree with me when  i say that this page can not be over untill i mention the name of a GURU-Genuise IAN MASTERS,   i can not do without saying thank you to you too.

By now all of you will be wondering WHY the long appreciation, well the long appreciation cant also be Explained without IAN'S and ROLI'S names beeing mentioned, yeah cuz Roli sent me the Commonwealth Press Release while Ian Helped me in finding the right path of my talent, and after their hard work the reward was the ATTACHED Document, my notification of beeing short listed in the COMMONWEALTH VISION AWARD.

Now  you can see why i say YOUR WORK MY REWARD, as you all work to see through life i succeeded. Thank You Ones more, but before i sign out i will like to send out another appreciation to a group of people whom have always been there giving me words of encouragement

THANK YOU:-

IFEANYI (get ready we have work to do), CAST and CREWS OF RUWA A JALLO, STAFF and MANAGEMENT of SARBAN SOLUTIONS JOS, SHEHU MOH'D and THE BRITISH COUNCIL STAFFS, STAFFS of LENSCOPE MEDIA, MIKE FISHER, TONYE PAUL WORIKA, REEL DIALOGUE PARTICIPANTS, and my ENTIRE FAMILY.

Rufa'i D Bawa I.doc

benson abel

Aug 25, 2006, 3:28:52 PM8/25/06
to FilmmakersNe...@googlegroups.com

    Good day ladies and gentle men of our esteemed group. If you say am the long lost sheep, you are right. But the interesting thing is that am back to the fold.
    It's not been all quiet all this while. Been working on some projects here in the south. "The Agony of love", "The delayed call", "In 14 days" etc are movies that I acted in. "The hands of our time", "Twist and Turns", "Kamal" are creen plays writing on my self for some elusive producer.
    Career building in a country like ours is a mammoth of a task. But gentle men and ladies, we are the lucky few who havw found a foot-hold, we must strive to the very limit.
    My congratulations to you Rufai for your marvelous achivement. You have captained our ship so examplarilly. You are a mentor to most of us.
    To you Ilyasu, your vasatility is surprising, pursue your dreams. You're a brother and a friend.
To you Grace, your kindness is overwhelming. You've always kept in contact even in the "darkness and silence of the night". You're more than a colleague, you are a sister even much more. Pursue your draems.
    To the rest of you whose names I may not be able to mention one after the other at this point, I bring to your notice that we are all earmarked for success. I see a young energetic and brilliant generation taking over the Nigerian Film Industry in a few years from now. We are that generation! Keep the thirst for success, we see you at the top
                                                                                     ABEL BENSON
                                                                                     080-57918583